I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about to start on the insurance quotes for when we get Flo at Easter.

I understand about all the different levels of cover etc., but my main concern is actually when to start the insurance.

I am a bit confused about the 4 weeks free insurance you get from Petplan that comes with the dog. One breeder actually told me that she didn’t supply the free insurance as there were so many exclusions on the policy that it wasn’t worth doing. :confused:

On speaking to Sylml at the weekend I thought she said (I might be wrong) if the pup had an existing condition when it left her it wouldn’t be covered but it would be covered for anything new after it left her or if it had an accident. Is this correct does anyone know or again do you have to wait for the 14 days?

I am just thinking of starting an insurance policy from the day I pick Flo up but realise that for illness she probably wouldn’t be covered for the first 14 days or should I start it 2 weeks before the free Petplan insurance runs out (assuming I don’t go for Petplan cover).

Oh and I pick up Flo the day before she is 8 weeks old!!

I just need someone to clarify it a bit for me!!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Betty came with four weeks free insurance from the breeder...during this time she was badly attacked by an german shepherd dog....the vet bill was almost £1000.00 , Petplan covered it very quickly so have continued my cover with them and didn't have any exclusions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.