I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning , ive been told to look on pets4homes website for a cockapoo puppy .. but im not having much luck with their search facility .. if i put in cross breeds i get lots of other dogs .. anyone got any ideas? there isnt a drop down box that i can see for cockapoo's
julie

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Morning Julie,

Welcome to the site!

Personally I've been googling 'Cockapoo puppies for sale' and pets4homes comes up in the search along with some others. A more comprehensive site (in my opinion) is Breeders Online.

I see you're based in Norfolk – lucky for you as there are lots of reputable breeders near you who do all the necessary health checks. There is Broadreach Dogs in Cambridge, Syml in Lincolnshire, Jukee Doodles, also in Lincolnshire etc.

Best of luck in your search! What are you looking for? American/Working/Show Type cross? Boy or girl? Specific colour? (Interrogation over :p)

Turi x

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hi Julie,
Ive brought my puppy now and to be honest if i were you id go on a recommendation ,like Turi said theres lots of people on here that can recommned a breeder then all you have to do is go and view their set up and pick who you want to go with,sometimes it will mean you'll have to wait for a litter which is what we had to do but boy is it worth it in the end.

We got Buddy from Jukee doodles and hes just perfect!

Good luck dx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Morning Julie, Welcome to the site! Personally I've been googling 'Cockapoo puppies for sale' and pets4homes comes up in the search along with some others. A more comprehensive site (in my opinion) is Breeders Online. I see you're based in Norfolk – lucky for you as there are lots of reputable breeders near you who do all the necessary health checks. There is Broadreach Dogs in Cambridge, Syml in Lincolnshire, Jukee Doodles, also in Lincolnshire etc. Best of luck in your search! What are you looking for? American/Working/Show Type cross? Boy or girl? Specific colour? (Interrogation over :p) Turi x
thank you Turi , theres a few breeders there i havent tried so will look those up when ive typed my reply to you :) yes i prefer breeders on line not sure why though ? lol, i know what im looking for just not sure whats the "mix" needed is .. *** not got a preference , colour , prefer solid colours or with a small white bib etc .. but again not really got a major preference .. we do tend to like the larger framed build (so think we need to go english instead of american there ??) and we also like the curly coat as opposed to the smoother type coat , i think thats about it .. we will travel goes without saying , but like youve pointed out im in a area where there seems to be lots of great breeders .. hope we get lucky :)
thanks for talking the time to respond
julie xx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Buddys from a working cocker her name is Lucy and all of his litter were on the larger size (as she is quite a large cocker) depends how long your prepared to wait but im sure jukee doodles will be breeding from her again as this was her first litter dx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Julie,
Ive brought my puppy now and to be honest if i were you id go on a recommendation ,like Turi said theres lots of people on here that can recommned a breeder then all you have to do is go and view their set up and pick who you want to go with,sometimes it will mean you'll have to wait for a litter which is what we had to do but boy is it worth it in the end.

We got Buddy from Jukee doodles and hes just perfect!

Good luck dx
hi Donna , first off i can see your from nottingham thats my home town .. been in norfolk since jan this year still very homesick at the moment :( . how long did you have to wait to find your match ? we have been looking for about 2 months but only doing research , ive been contacting breeders this last week or so .. so i still think ive got a fair time to wait yet :( we are off to visit jukee doodles tomorrow .. so excited to see their set up it looks very impressive , although they havent got any pups left for places , i am hoping they find us to be suitable for placing on their future litters list :)
thanks agin for your helpful reply , julie x

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I think i went on their waiting list around Jan this year and we got Buddy in July we had been looking since October the year before.
Its hard to wait but worth it Jukee doodles have a great mixture of cocker mums and whats nice is they have some cockapoo adults for you to view ,they also now have some pups a bit younger then Buddy so it really gives you a great idea of what you'll get.
Buddy is so confident and has a great temperment im really glad i got him from them.
Good luck dx

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi again Julie,

You're more than welcome! We don't actually have a puppy yet - have been researching for MONTHS & must admit finding the 'perfect' puppy has become a bit of an obsession lol!

I think (anyone feel free to correct!) that the largest Cockapoo would normally be a Show Type x Miniature Poodle. Show Types appear to have longer/thicker coats than Working Types. But I have been told that Show Type solid colours are more prone to ‘Cocker rage’ so be careful about that.

Working types have a more nimble and lithe build and a feathery coat.

American Cockers have the longest hair (so assume their offspring will have the curliest hair?) but are the smallest of the three Cockers.

I’ll probably start a huge debate now (!) but the temperaments of the three Cockers are apparently quite different too. Do a search on here and you’ll find lots of old conversations on this matter.

Your description of your ‘ideal’ Cockapoo reminded me of Oakley, an incredibly handsome puppy on here. He was bred by Marley Doodles, not quite so close based in Gloucestershire
but may still be worth checking out. I hope you don’t mind me showing off your baby Maria!
http://www.ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=3441&highlight=oakley
Thirza at Marley is expecting puppies in a couple of months and more early 2012.

Let us know how you get on!

We're also visiting Jukee Doodles tomorrow and a litter of Cavapoos and if I’m allowed I’ll put some pics up!

Turi x

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whoo how exciting . what time you there ? might "bump" into you we are there at 2 x and thanks for the link going to look now !

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Oh shame - we're booked in for 11am. Would have been good to meet! We can compare notes on the pups though :)

Turi x

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
We're looking at both Cockapoos AND Cavapoos. Hmmm, that's misleading - we're going to get ONE puppy but we're not 100% sure on the 'breed' yet. We haven't seen any Cavapoos yet so wanted to see a litter before we make a decision. There a lengthy chat on here about it http://ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=3549.

Turi x

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
We're looking at both Cockapoos AND Cavapoos. Hmmm, that's misleading - we're going to get ONE puppy but we're not 100% sure on the 'breed' yet. We haven't seen any Cavapoos yet so wanted to see a litter before we make a decision. There a lengthy chat on here about it http://ilovemycockapoo.com/showthread.php?t=3549.

Turi x
Ha ha you say ONE be warned Turi that not many can stop at ONE :p:p

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
No Shirley, don't say that! With two of us working full-time we could never afford two. Unless we don't have children... :tapedshut:

Turi x

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hi again Julie,

I think (anyone feel free to correct!) that the largest Cockapoo would normally be a Show Type x Miniature Poodle. Show Types appear to have longer/thicker coats than Working Types. But I have been told that Show Type solid colours are more prone to ‘Cocker rage’ so be careful about that.

Turi x
Hi.

Please don't be put off Show Cockers because of 'Cocker rage'. It is a disputed area and I wouldn't want it to dissuade you from going to breeders who use show cockers or have show cocker in their breeding. Obviously everything else about the breeder needs to be right and the temperament of the parent dogs is essential. :D

http://www.doglistener.co.uk/aggression/cocker_rage.shtml
http://www.thecockerspanielclub.co.uk/rage_syndrome.htm

Personally it wouldn't worry me either way as long as my other 'boxes were ticked' when looking at breeders. Daisy is from a show cocker and she has a great temperament, she is just cheeky! :rolleyes:

Have lots of fun visiting JD and do keep us up to date! :)

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
I wouldn't say an American cross is generally curlier, sorry Turi :D. I do think they have a thicker coat. My dog is an American cross and I have been told many times that is coat is very soft and lustrous.

Cocker rage syndrome is a highly disputed subject and too many generalisations are made about it. As long as you research and preferably meet the parent dogs I think you'll be fine. Certainly don't let it put you off going for a particular type or colour.

Happy searching!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts