I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perry left to take Weller for a walk this morning and rang after half an hour to tell me that a huge mastiff had begun to stalk weller and weller had turned tail and ran away!!!!!!!!! He couldn't find him in Bricket wood and he wasn't coming back to his calling:( He was panicking and I didn't know what to do, jump in car with kids and drive up there or stay here in case he came home?????
After another couple of frantic phone calls Perry didn't know which way to go and look for the dog...........................I had a thought, THE PUB!!!!!! Its about 1 mile away from where Weller had run from but though it was worth a try.......BINGO:D:D:D There he was waiting outside the pub!!!!!
What a clever boy he is and sooooooo relieved.
I am actually quite glad that Perry takes weller to the pub as often as he does now;)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Oh what a nightmare ... phew Weller is a drinker :) good boy Weller xxx

Karen I am sending you JoJo hug ... xxx

I think Perry will need a pint too xx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
So glad you found him and he is safe :)

We have had two incidents with Monty where he ran off. One has caused his fear aggression. One time was when we just got Milly and this spaniel was being too much. Hubby ( I was at home) asked the bloke to put his dog on lead ( ours were) but he wouldn't and Monty was so stressed he got free of his harness and ran off!

It was night time and he is black - hubby said to the ignorant bloke " Thanks mate he is probably dead now"

I could hear howling and thought to my self that sounds like Monty and as I got up to investigate hubby burst through the door shaking and burst into tears bless him. He was so relieved to find him safe.

Monty ran home BUT he also ran across a road.

So for once Karen you can allow hubby pub time - mind you it does say a lot when the dog ran to pub and not your home :D

I bet he has a secret tipple and crisps in there!

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
We should show this to any prospective new Cockapoo family where the husband is not convinced about getting a dog........."but we need you to train it to go to the pub!" .......could be a winning line.

Sp glad you found Weller. Xx

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've just read this thread to my husband, I can see him planning his route ...........

Glad Weller had the sense to go somewhere safe, and you realised that this was a possible location, well done :twothumbs:

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Oh Karen, thank god he is safe. Phew! That really was smart of Weller to go to a place where he felt safe. Shame the other dog owner was irresponsible :( and caused the situation in the first place. The other dog should have been put on the lead if it was clear that Weller was in distress.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, well luckily the pub is in the woods with only a very very quiet lane leading to it, so he wasn't in any danger getting there. He would have had to cross a few busy roads to get home but being a sunday it was reasonably quiet so guess he probably would've been ok but I am so glad that he went to the pub, it was the best place for him really.
Its funny Perry took him for a two hour "walk" fri night and there is a regular in there who LOVES Weller and takes treats in case they pop in, so he has friends there:)
Perry's face though when he walked back through the door was grey and very very relieved, there was a lot of head shaking and huffing and puffing going on. He is always complaining about the dog, walking him, picking up poo, says he smells etc..............now I know it is all a front, he would have been devastated if anything bad had happened, his secret is out........he loves our dog really!!!!;) xx

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Phew! Thank goodness for that! I was almost covering my eyes, reading it!

I walked home past the pub after mine and Rosie's walk the other day (I like to take different routes home every now and again, to stop her from pulling on her lead) and she turned into the car park as if I was going to take her into the back bar. It's been ages since my husband took her out for a walk too! Dogs and pubs - it's a good combination.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Karen this post brought tears to my eyes. Firstly because of the dread and fear and panic you must have felt, secondly because of the intelligence of Weller to go to the pub and thirdly because of the relief you must have felt.

Thank goodness all turned out well (er) :)

Harri x

1 - 18 of 18 Posts