I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to set a new avatar and the photos keep loading sideways, even those I know I have posted on the forums and are not sideways, are showing sideways in my avatar. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I've had to remove my avatar :/

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
that is really strange...do you use photobucket or are you trying to upload direct?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I upload direct. I find it way too complicated to use photobucket when (in theory) I can just upload right from my computer, and have done so several times. My previous avatar was a direct upload.
I'll give photobucket a shot so I can at least have an avatar again. I feel naked without one lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Not sure - but I had the same problem, the last one I posted was sideways..... The one before that was upside down!! So I posted it again, and it was upside down.
Lovely lady Amanda reported it for me the right way (thanks again) I don't know what's going on???

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
I always find the direct method hard as my pictures are always too large. so using photo bucket makes it nice and clear and no one has to click on the image to make it bigger.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well most of the time I'm posting photos with the mobile using tapatalk and have no issues with that.
It's just the avatar I'm having issues with at the moment, and that's small anyway.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I had the same issue. Not sure if you have a Mac or iPhone (that's my computer and camera of choice). I found that if I open and then save the jpegs without doing anything to the photos stops the rotation. No issue when I upload straight from the iPhone.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I am uploading to the website I don't have to open the jpg. The target photo is right side up on my computer to start with, when it is done uploading to the website, it is sideways.
I actually feel well enough to try the photobucket, so will give that a shot.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No Luck

I am trying to do the photobucket, and it just keeps saying invalid file. I've tried following the very detailed (excellent) instructions given on the how to sticky, and I've tried every variation of that I can think of, and nothing.

It works wonderfully here, and the light has just dawned. Not sure about the sideways thing, but for photos are too large. I'll have to figure out how to make the file size smaller.

Got it! amazing what using the right file size will do! no more sideways pics lol

now I think it's time for a nap!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Stupid spam aside wonder how Ringo is doing. I may have missed an update here or there but have a soft spot as he was about the same age as my two.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
He looks so fluffy! After trimming them down so much I'm trying to get Lexi & Beemer to grow out and be fluffy like Ringo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts