I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what age can puppies have this delightful treat? Pixie is just over 10 weeks,i have a bag which she keeps sniffing at,is she allowed to indulge?:confused:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Yum Yum pigs ear .. each puppy is different but yes I am with Kendal on this one, give it a go, my dogs have enjoyed them from approx 10 weeks old .... just stay with her..

Pixie you lucky girl ... no more sniffing the bag, you are actually getting one :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I have a shop near me that sell lots of animal parts:

Pig snouts, trotters, ears, tails
Bulls willies, windpipes, hooves

Chicken necks, feet etc..........

Just be prepared that for some dogs it can give them upset tummies, but they love 'em. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can just see it now ' come on my little darling,come and get your bulls willy:eek:!!!' think i will stick with the lovely pigs ears,thanks for all your advice will open that pack in a min and let the fun begin(yuk) :)

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
All the "body parts" can be yummy treats - and yes some puppies (and older dogs too) can get upset tummies - so by all means give it a go - but - caution - - - - - - we suggest you keep these treats for - outside xxxx

All our dogs absolutely go nuts for horse hoof trimmings after the farrier has been.

Stephen xx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Can just see it now ' come on my little darling,come and get your bulls willy:eek:!!!' think i will stick with the lovely pigs ears,thanks for all your advice will open that pack in a min and let the fun begin(yuk) :)
Actually they are called Bully sticks or Pizzels and are great for puppies.

They are small just don't imagine what you are imagining because they are nothing like that :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
All the "body parts" can be yummy treats - and yes some puppies (and older dogs too) can get upset tummies - so by all means give it a go - but - caution - - - - - - we suggest you keep these treats for - outside xxxx

All our dogs absolutely go nuts for horse hoof trimmings after the farrier has been.

Stephen xx
Yeah the dogs at my livery yard do this too.:D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Thanks JoJo, have bookmarked them both xx

Reactions: JoJo

·
Banned
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Good website JoJo. Quite an array of body parts, not sure I'm brave enough to give Millie some of them :eek:

I do give Millie Cows ears, which I think are less greasy than pigs. And she thoroughly enjoys the tripe sticks, but mega smelly. Oh and the usual hide toys like pressed bones and slippers.

Can they have too much of these treats does anyone know?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
My daughter and I have had a chat earlier about the bull's willy .. ha ha ha .. the things we chat about over a twix and a glass of coca-cola...

I almost said what size ?? ... silly question really .. a big one of course :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts