I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,192 Posts
Flo's nose was black when we got her her and is now more brown. You can see the difference in these 2 pics. I think a puppies nose can lighten as they get older. She had a checkup a few weeks ago and the vet didn't say that anything was wrong and I did draw her attention to her nose as she had a little scrap on it I asked her to look at. I've just looked it up online and found this:

"Winter nose. Its a vitamin D deficiency. You can feed a supplement if you want - thats what the show people do. Have a look in your pet shop for a seaweed conditioner. That should do the trick. My Golden retriever suffers a pink nose every winter. It always turns black again in the summer"

I have just started using Plaqueoff for Flo, a powder supplement added to her food to keep her teeth clean. It is seaweed based so it will be interesting to see if her nose goes blacker as well as getting cleaner teeth:D Also with the days getting lighter as we go into spring and summer her nose may get darker again!

If you think it is more extreme and there are also other symptons like inflammed lips, eyelids, sores on the nose best get it checked by a vet like Kendal suggests but looking at the pics of Milo it looks similar to the way Flo's has changed.

So you can see how Flo's nose has changed here she is at about 10 weeks...

and here's how she looks now...

· Registered
2,192 Posts
"Winter nose. Its a vitamin D deficiency. You can feed a supplement if you want - thats what the show people do. Have a look in your pet shop for a seaweed conditioner. That should do the trick. My Golden retriever suffers a pink nose every winter. It always turns black again in the summer"

I have just started using Plaqueoff for Flo, a powder supplement added to her food to keep her teeth clean. It is seaweed based so it will be interesting to see if her nose goes blacker as well as getting cleaner teeth:D Also with the days getting lighter as we go into spring and summer her nose may get darker again!
So have been using Plaqueoff now for around 2 weeks and as well as Flo having clean teeth and nice breath her nose is now a much darker brown/black.

Before

After

· Registered
2,192 Posts
It only costs about £8 and one pot lasts a year. It comes with a tiny little scoop and they only need half a scoop a day on food. £8 a year to keep their teeth free of plaque seems good value compared to a vet bill for cleaning their teeth not to mention how traumatic it must be. I've heard dogs need anaesthetic or a sedative to cope with the process sometimes. Flo's teeth are bright white as she constantly chews nylabones but will be interesting to see if they are still clean and white in 2 or 3 years time. have tried brushing but can't relly do it thoroughly she keeps trying to eat the toothbrush!

· Registered
2,192 Posts
I'm hoping that the natural diet plus several bones each week will keep Dylan's teeth ok. My last dog had several dentals at the vet and it is done under anaesthetic and cost £450 a time -ouch :(
That product sounds good though, if it works it's well worth the cost.
OMG £450 - I had no idea it was that much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.