I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i think it depends on the dog, when was he nutered(nutering doesnt always compleatly stop it) my girls sometimes humpo the cat or have in the past tried it on eachother but not that often.

does it happen at certen times or just where ever he take the urge. like does it happen when you are playing with him, or does he just come up to you when your on the couch and start.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
all my girls were done between 5 and 6 months old, my eldist just turnd 4years old at the weekend and i can see no problems with her bones.

i think under 5 months is too early, our ver sugested around 6 months as it is ment to stop mammary cancer when they are older(only time will tell if thats true or not) which is what my mums cockers died of.

i ears different things some people say nutering too early stunts their grothe meaning that the frount legs dog develop to their full length, others say it makes their legs grow longer than they should.

i think it depends on your own opinion and the opinion of your vet.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i think its only in the states its done as early as 2 months, in the uk i think the resues put it in their contract that the owner brings the dog back the be nutered. one of the guys at training was turnd down by ate sspca because he said he would consider nutering if the dog needed it as his old dog never humped and was intier all his life. the refused to give him a dog because he might not nuter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.