I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, need some urgent advice please. I noticed Lottie seemed to have something hanging from her bottom. On closer inspection she had 2 rock hard pieces of poo stuck to the fur around her anus. She's just 13 weeks old today. I've tried to soak them off and managed to remove one piece but the other piece is firmly stuck. I then tried to cut it off with scissors but part of it seems to be attached to the edge of her anus and she cried when I tried to cut it so I stopped worried that I might nick her skin. I don't know what else to do?? Any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Hi folks, need some urgent advice please. I noticed Lottie seemed to have something hanging from her bottom. On closer inspection she had 2 rock hard pieces of poo stuck to the fur around her anus. She's just 13 weeks old today. I've tried to soak them off and managed to remove one piece but the other piece is firmly stuck. I then tried to cut it off with scissors but part of it seems to be attached to the edge of her anus and she cried when I tried to cut it so I stopped worried that I might nick her skin. I don't know what else to do?? Any advice would be great. Thanks
Put her in a warm bath and literally soak her until it comes off. It will. Eventually.

Take her to the groomer for a hygiene trim to prevent it happening again. They will trim around her bottom area.

I've never had any problems with poop but I took mine for hygiene trims early on.

Reactions: dio.ren

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
From experience..... In the bath,use the shower head if you've got one, use soap to soften and try and work it off using the warm water and soap. Unfortunately it's a get your fingers in there job. The hard poo makes going to the loo difficult next time ...as you can imagine. Not a regular job, honest but I think I've had to do it with mine a few times .... Good luck x

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I still have to do this with Jake even when he is trimmed short. I don't know what it is about him but it just gets stuck :eek:
Warm soak and keep working it with your fingers. Moving forward, if you find this to be an issue, I have gotten moist puppy wipes and yes, I wipe his bum when he comes in. Best to head it off at the start.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Molly is too much of a Princess to have such a thing happen and then the indignity of having yo have it removed :eek:
She sometimes has little poo crusties stuck in her fur but I just pull them out so she isn't such a princess ha! :D I don't need scissors though just do it by hand ick but I love her so I don't care and after my British drink it's nothing;) Scared to ask what a shandy is:eek: probably would knock me off my feet:eek:

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
She sometimes has little poo crusties stuck in her fur but I just pull them out so she isn't such a princess ha! :D I don't need scissors though just do it by hand ick but I love her so I don't care and after my British drink it's nothing;) Scared to ask what a shandy is:eek: probably would knock me off my feet:eek:
???? Just logged on - what's this about shandys?? I need to read the other posts I think!!? X

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
If a shandy here is a shandy there, it is half and half ginger ale and beer. :)

Imperative before the fingers in the poo bum to get out the poo poo. :p
Haha - yours sounds tastier - ours is 50/50 lemonade with lager, bitter, beer
I'd of thought yellow marigolds (rubber gloves) were more imperative to the shandy x

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
If a shandy here is a shandy there, it is half and half ginger ale and beer. :)

Imperative before the fingers in the poo bum to get out the poo poo. :p
Oh I thought it was some kind of hard stuff stiff drink ha!:eek: Never heard of it before! Good thing you stuck to the green tea you were smart;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Had a poo problem with Boycie this morning. He managed to go on fifth attempt but had to give him a little help to finish :eek: some of it stuck to his bottom. Sat him in bidet to soak.
It wasn't normal shape but flattened one side. Bit worried he may have an obstruction. He is lively and eating ok. Should I be worried. Not had any problems like this before.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts