I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else have trouble with pooh stuck to puppies bum fur? most of charlies pooh are firm but sometimes gets left with pooh on her butt - we try to remove any asap but she got some stuck at the mo - tried a bath but not got rid of it all yet any idea? tried to snip it away but she way to wriggly:(

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Poo bums I'm afraid are not just limited to puppies :D

The best thing is to clip the fur around the bum. Get one of you to give a tasty treat whilst the other is at the other end :D:D:D

You could also try removing initially with some baby oil on a cotton wool pad.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I clip Rocky all round the bum, but also not had a problem with runny poos since switching him to NI. A nice sharp dematting comb might do the trick...or if you tempt him into sitting for a while in a warm bath to soak it (whilst receiving passifying treats from time to time, if necessary). :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ah yes I do get this problem too. Nacho's poo's are 9 times out of 10 always nice and solid. However on the odd occassion it does get stuck and the poor little mite chases his tail round and round squealing and then bum shuffling along. I always take him straight back home and give him a nice warm power shower aiming at his little bum (not too much power mind you) and a bit of doggy shampoo to wash it off. Not a highlight of being a mummy to a pup but needs must! I am also going to get a quiet moment when he's relaxing/sleeping and get those scissors out! He's such a fluff bum its suprising it doesn't happen more often!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
its realy just a case of keeping the hair around their bum trimmed short.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx all - will just have to get used to it i guess- joys of being a puppy mummy - lucky for me dad deals with butt end mostly:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
lol, Blossom had a little nugget the other day stuck to her fur....I waited til she was due her sleep and relaxing on my lap then put a tiny bit of shampoo on a warm damp cloth and softened it then gently combed it out and she didnt bat an eyelid.xxx

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
We have a toilet roll near the back door just in case :) He doesn't care in the slightest about having his bum wiped! I suspect he likes it little pampered prince that he is :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts