I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I noticed a small raspberry looking growth in Lolly's ear so popped her off to the vet to have it checked. The vet described it as a warty growth that didn't look sinister. She advised we monitor it for a couple of weeks to see if it would disappear as quickly as it had come but if it didn't it would probably be best if it was removed.
A week later (following a play session with Millie) it had been bleeding so I took her back to the vet who booked her in to have it removed today.
We had a little panic this morning when we thought Lolly had found some left over McDonalds fries in the bin but luckily it was just the carton and the fries were safely hidden in the nuggets box!! phew
As usual Lolly raced into the vets and straight over to the treat side of the counter and really couldn't understand why lovely Mel the vet wasn't giving her any today!
Anyway the growth has been removed and the area cauterized as it couldn't be stitched. She wiggled when her drip catheter was being removed so she's got a little blood stained fur and bandage on her leg. And now she's feeling a bit sorry for herself.
The growth has been sent of to be analyzed and we should have the results by the end of the week so fingers crossed it isn't anything nasty :(

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Poor Lolly! :( Glad it is being looked at by the vets. I am sure she is in great hands and it will be nothing to worry about. Keeping everything crossed and hope she feels better soon. xx

· Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh Julie - I didn't mean to sound like it was Millie's fault. I think playing with any dog will have knocked it and made it bleed.

She's a bit out of sorts today. Whimpering and feeling sorry for herself I think.

· Registered
3,583 Posts
Oh Julie - I didn't mean to sound like it was Millie's fault. I think playing with any dog will have knocked it and made it bleed.

She's a bit out of sorts today. Whimpering and feeling sorry for herself I think.
Its ok, I didn't think you meant it badly. It was a little tongue in cheek. They way our two play together I'm surprised we don't see loads more blood, teeth, fur etc. :eek:

· Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got a phone call from the vet as Lolly's results are back already! It is benign (phew!!!!) and caused, unusually, by a virus. She shouldn't grow anymore and these virus warty growths are usually small and disappear by themselves but it was just worse for Lolly because of the location of it!
She wants to see Lolly in a week just to check that all the prodding and probing in her ear hasn't caused an ear infection and then hopefully that will be the end of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.