I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very sad puppy...she has had poos with mucus and blood in and is not herself at all.

The vet has given her an injection, medicine to line her tummy, medicine in case it's Giardia and some special food to start giving her this afternoon!!

I feel so helpless :(:(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tina,
So sorry to hear of a poorly puppy xxx
How old is she ?
If it is something like Giardia then you really need to contact and inform your breeder.

Stephen x
Hi,

just to clarify...the vets do not think it is Giardia, they are just covering all bases....she was due to be wormed on Friday anyway!!!. I have had Lottie for 4 weeks now and have no concerns what so ever that the problem would have come from the breeder (the vet has also confirmed this).

I have a wonderful relationship with her breeder. Janice has been nothing but helpful and kind to us. We speak regularly on the phone and via email and to be honest I don't think you could find a better breeder anywhere.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tina,
So sorry to hear of a poorly puppy xxx
How old is she ?
If it is something like Giardia then you really need to contact and inform your breeder.

Stephen x
I'm afraid I have to add that I think it is so sad that there seems to be a lot of point scoring going on in this forum!!!!

I just want my puppy to get better...and to confirm Janice from Jandaz has always been amazing...I have a lot of friends who deal with breeders on a full time bases and they have also confirmed and commented on how good she has been.

I am starting to question why I come on this site!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I can sympatise, Ted has had a bad tummy eversince i got him and a couple of bouts of mucus and blood - the vets have done blood tests etc etc and have never found anything, so we just have to accept that he has a sensitive tummy...but I know how you feel its awful to see them ill, but she will be bouncing back in no time - Ted always does!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Oh poor you - Treacle had the same - due to something she had eaten [we think it was a baby frog / toad ] and I was so scared - sounds like we had the same treatment and she bounced back the following day!
Snuggles this afternoon for you both!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm afraid I have to add that I think it is so sad that there seems to be a lot of point scoring going on in this forum!!!!

I just want my puppy to get better...and to confirm Janice from Jandaz has always been amazing...I have a lot of friends who deal with breeders on a full time bases and they have also confirmed and commented on how good she has been.

I'm so sorry Lottie is unwell, I do hope she gets better soon.

I can only assume you are feeling anxious and sensitive, however, please, I have read, reread and read again Stephens comments. In no way can they be deemed point scoring or malicious. If I'd be given that advice I would have been grateful, I've never even heard of Giardia.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts

the advice to contact your breeder would be is given to any new puppy owner. regardless of who the puppy is from.

it is probably something like colitis i know a couple of dogs who suffere with it on going.

i hope it is storted quickly and you pup is back to normal as soon as possble.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.