I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

I have no idea where the last 5 weeks have gone but Poppy is 12 weeks old today!

We are totally and utterly in love with her and she is just brilliant in every way (not biased at all!!!)

She is doing tricks nicely with and without food: sit, down, paw, roll over and twist. She is getting there with come, stay and 'bang' but not quite got them yet!

Loving her walks and meeting new people (she still does a little piddle every time she meets someone new and still can't control herself she just wriggles and jumps with excitment!)

She is also really enjoying her 'kong'. This has been a godsend for keeping her entertained a bit longer than most toys (it usually takes her an hour to finish with a few barks if she can't quite get to the bottom!). We are alternating days so that she has frozen kong with peanut butter and treats some days and then just dry treats in it on the other days. I would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who is looking to actually get something around the house/work done without pup around their feet!!! Poppy has the smallest size, puppy small, and so it only fits up to 10g of food in but I think this is great as it seems to her like an hour of eating/rewards/playing but is only 10g, great :)

She is also sleeping amazingly from 8pm-7am (or whenever we get up) every night, without a sound, and not wetting her bed!

So any way, enough of me saying how amazing she is!!!

Here are some photos from the last week or so...

Over 20 toys to chose from, but Poppy choses to play with the pillow section of her bed!

Poppy and 'her' flipflop

Looking very innocent playing with her little bear that should be attached to a blanket but has suspiciously been left in the garden!

I think I'll take my ball outside to the garden...

Poppy 11 weeks old

and finally, Poppy helping with the ironing!

We're off to weigh and worm at the vets later and I am expecting a big weight gain from 10 weeks when she was 2kg, she is growing so so much!

Annie and Poppy :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
She's absolutely adorable and great to hear how brilliantly she's settled into your family. Photos are fab and will remember your top tip about the kong for when we get our puppy in the future. Best wishes, Karen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Snap we also have this bed from pets at home really comfy and now she is bigger poppy pulled the booster out and loves "killing it"growling and dragging it about great buy:)

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Great pics Annie, how time flies! It only seems like yesterday when you waiting to collect her.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Loverly photos. Great to see poppy is doing so well. you will blink and she will be 12 months old.

I've got the giant size version. Poppy 22 months

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
That made me smile ... biased about black pups :)

I am biased about black, cream and blonde parti, but love all cockapoos tbh.

I think I have come to the conclusion I like all colours, all coats types, all characters from lively jumpy excitable cockapoos to the more submissive quieter ones .. I want them all.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello Everyone

I have no idea where the last 5 weeks have gone but Poppy is 12 weeks old today!

We are totally and utterly in love with her and she is just brilliant in every way (not biased at all!!!)

She is doing tricks nicely with and without food: sit, down, paw, roll over and twist. She is getting there with come, stay and 'bang' but not quite got them yet!

Loving her walks and meeting new people (she still does a little piddle every time she meets someone new and still can't control herself she just wriggles and jumps with excitment!)

She is also really enjoying her 'kong'. This has been a godsend for keeping her entertained a bit longer than most toys (it usually takes her an hour to finish with a few barks if she can't quite get to the bottom!). We are alternating days so that she has frozen kong with peanut butter and treats some days and then just dry treats in it on the other days. I would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who is looking to actually get something around the house/work done without pup around their feet!!! Poppy has the smallest size, puppy small, and so it only fits up to 10g of food in but I think this is great as it seems to her like an hour of eating/rewards/playing but is only 10g, great :)

She is also sleeping amazingly from 8pm-7am (or whenever we get up) every night, without a sound, and not wetting her bed!

So any way, enough of me saying how amazing she is!!!

Here are some photos from the last week or so...

Over 20 toys to chose from, but Poppy choses to play with the pillow section of her bed!

Poppy and 'her' flipflop

Looking very innocent playing with her little bear that should be attached to a blanket but has suspiciously been left in the garden!

I think I'll take my ball outside to the garden...

Poppy 11 weeks old

and finally, Poppy helping with the ironing!

We're off to weigh and worm at the vets later and I am expecting a big weight gain from 10 weeks when she was 2kg, she is growing so so much!

Annie and Poppy :)
Thank you could take a lot of advice out of your message for Cider 10 weeks old :) Glad you said, she was only 2 kg at ten weeks, because she looks soo much bigger and so much longer fur, specially on the tail compared to Cider. guess a couple of weeks can make a big change. We have to make the most of it, while they are sooo small and cute. Love all your photos :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts