I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on why Poppy is suddenly weeing in the house again?

She came house trained and for a week has been so good to go to the door of the garden when she wants to use the facilities but now she has wee'd all weekend on the carpet!!

Is this normal? She is 9 weeks old.

Any words of wisdom appreciated!

Jane. X

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had exactly the same with my Poppy at that age. First week sitting by the door yapping to go out, then bam wee wee on carpet, floor, my bed!!!! . Anyway only piece of advice would be keep on with what you've been doing, taking her into the garden as often as you can, and praising when she does it outside.

Simon and Poppy

·
Registered
108 Posts
good advice. we kept thinking we had it all sorted and then he would take a backward step. keep on trying you will get there, our roscoe had his last naughty at about 8 months now he is nearly 1. it will all be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Oh yeah that sounds normal ... just when the little buggers have you convinced they can do it they leave you a little message.... wait for the weeing and the pooping inside now that really gets you annoyed..... then theirs the adolecent stage that seems to go on forever..............

Deep breath (especially if it's a number two) take some time out for 5 minutes and start again.

Chocolate and wine also helps. xxx

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi Jane

All perfectly normal, in fact, if your puppy had been house trained at 9 weeks that would be more unusual! They are all different - our oldest, Ruby (16 months) almost taught herself - she just started asking to go out and was really good at puppy training and anywhere we took her. Her best friend (a miniature labradoodle of the same age) took months.

Our new addition, Pepper (15 weeks) is doing pretty well - she asks to go out but if we miss it it's too late, like she just can't wait! We're getting there slowly.

Good luck - she'll get there.

Hx

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
its totally normal for a puppy to take quite a few steps back before getting it right but poppy is only 9 weeks olds,still just a little baby so she still needs to learn where to go and what to do,sometimes new owners think the pups are trained when really its just down to pure luck because its very rare for a pup that young to be completly housetrained,they all have accidents before finally getting it right every time.all dogs are different too,2 of my dogs were trained day and night by 3-4 months but kd my eldest took far longer.xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.