I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi cockapoo mum`s and dad`s, OUr family have a beautiful cockapoo pup six months old,Since the day we got her she constantly has sloppy poo`s,She has had four different dry foods now which hasnt made a difference ,also we have tried plain chicken n rice ...scrambelled eggs ...dont no what to do next ...To be honest we dont mind scrapping up the slop from the floor lol just worried about her as its our first dog and we love her to bits!!!Dont no whether it makes a difference but she does drink a lot of water which i thought was normal but my friend who has a dog said its not .....please help thank u xx:confused:

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Hi sorry can't really help as our boy has always got on fine with his dry food, we have changed a couple of times but never had problems. I do know that those who feed BARF, something like Natural Instinct, say that the ground bones in the food help with dry poos. So perhaps that may be worth a try. :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Izzy wan't sloppy before, but poos have firmed up a lot since feeding Natural Instinct, as Karen said, it is the bone content that does it. You could try giving Poppypie a bone, Izzy had one the other day and she was a bit constipated, so it may well help :)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
have you take her to the vet with a poo sample to rull out a bug in her tummy, their is one that is easily trreated, and as this has gone on so long i would sugest talking to the vet.

aldso try her on a raw chicken wing, this can firm up loos dogs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you take her to the vet with a poo sample to rull out a bug in her tummy, their is one that is easily trreated, and as this has gone on so long i would sugest talking to the vet.

aldso try her on a raw chicken wing, this can firm up loos dogs.
thanks i did take her to the vets in the first month we had her she had an antibiotic injection and probiotic etc so im thinking of going down the stool sample route now:)

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I totally agree with Kendal about taking her to the vet along with a poo sample - certainly would be my first action x

I would suggest (and only a suggestion) trying her on a RAW chicken carcass (what you would normally buy for a Sunday Roast - just remove the breasts; wings and legs). At 6 months old she should be fine with the raw carcass un-mashed - though best to keep an eye on her whilst she is eating - you'll be surprised how much she loves it ! I would suggest giving just a carcass a day for 3 days - you can then see how that effects her poo. If it improves we would then suggest you go onto a balanced diet such as NI.

If you fancied - you could also add a bowl of Natural Live Yoghurt with the carcass meal.

Stephen xx

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Definately back to the vet with a poo sample, could be a parasite. I had the same problems with Izzy when she was young and all tests came back negative but she was so poorly for a few weeks the vet said she probably has a rotavirus, for which there is no treatment. She was constantly straining with blood and puddles of mucus coming out of her. It took a few weeks and she settled down but had runny poo until I changed her to Natural Instinct at about 10 months old.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I would take her back to the vets.

It's good that she is drinking as dehydration is the thing you have to watch out for when they have the squits.

The best bland diet I have found to help settle a upset tummy is white fish and rice and a dollop of pro-biotic yoghurt.

What kibble have you tried ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts