I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I am no expert, but can only give you my own experience. Yes, frequent grooming is required to keep coats in good condition. Having said that, this does not need to be a chore - a nice quiet evening groom with a slicker brush can be very relaxing for both dog and owner. I don't think cockapoos have 'undercoats' as some other dogs have. When he was losing his baby coat, there was a mixture of fur which, I suppose could seem like an undercoat.
I, like many on here, clip my dog myself. A one-day grooming course is very useful for demonstrating the do's and don'ts but in my opinion, unless you are going to show your dog, keeping it clean, tidy and matt-free is more important that having the fluffy dog parlour look.
Good grooming tools are essential, and well worth their cost - they can pay for themselves in a matter of months.
My technique is to do Teddy little and often. We are both just recovering from a marathon session caused by my leaving him too long, and I do not intend to let that happen again:eek: (Teddy agrees with me on that issue:D)
Stopping now, as I am sure others will have their experiences to add...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.