I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 24 hours since we brought Atlas home and as much research as I did, training videos, etc... nothing prepared me for actually having the cutest little pup in my (and my daughters') care. All the things I was expecting for our 1st day together didn't go quite as planned :) She wasn't excited about the toys or the food, she didn't always come when we called and overall she was more interested in sleeping than anything else lol.

We were happy that she went and stayed in her pen with ease once the door remained open. And needless to say I've been wiping up pee and poop nonstop 馃檲. I've watched so many first day videos for insight and ideas of what to expect, yet my day was nothing like anything I watched. Which leads me to share with first time dog moms, prepare for the unexpected. I spent a good chunk of the day on Google :).

I'm feeling excitement about all the incredible moments on the way and some anxiety about making sure we get it right. From finding the right food, games and toys, to effective training and balancing my already hectic life. Will it all be ok? I'm hopeful. :)
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Toy dog

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awww she is gorgeous - just one comment about the crate in the picture - if you are expecting it to contain her with the door closed at some point I would swap it for a metal crate as most pups learn how to get out of these pretty quickly
Yes for sure! It was shorter than I expected. Hopefully it lasts 2 - 3 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts