I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share a story with some people who will appreciate it!

Scarlett is really good about going to the bathroom outside. She has had a few accidents inside, but it is usually when we haven't taken her out quite soon enough. So I took the advice of some of you on the site and put a bell on the back door, in hopes of teaching her to let us know when she needs to go outside. I just put the bell there on the weekend. Every time I took Scarlett out, I took her paw and hit the bell and then immediately went outside. Now here comes the proud mommy…. she has already rung the bell herself to go outside the last 2 days!! She hasn't done it every time she needed to go, but she has used it all on her own. I am so proud of my little girl and I cannot believe how quickly she learns! The first time I thought it was just a fluke and she was just playing with the bell, but she hardly ever goes in that room, and she did it again another time she needed to go out, so I think that she is "getting" it. :)

So I just wanted to share my pride in my girl, and if you have any proud owner moments that you would like to share, please post them for everyone to read!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Awesome! I think the bell is such a cool idea, but i'm pretty sure my kids would play with it which would just confuse the dog!

I was shcoked at how smart they can be. Olive had never been outside before she came home and she instantly started peeing and pooping out there. It only took a couple times of me giving her a treat after. No accidents so far! I hope we have as much success as you have had!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, how good is Scarlet. I have actually bought a bell ready to train smudge, as soon as I am feeling a little less fragile after my shoulder replacement op (2 weeks ago). Cockerpoos are so clever, smudge never ceases to surprise/amaze me. :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ah Well Done Little Scarlett!

I had a proud moment the other day. I have never taught Nacho to lie down - poor i know! But as he has been so small up until now I only ever asked him to sit and that was suffice. Nacho learnt the basic commands very young e.g sit, paw, stay, come, etc but this was a new one!

I was worried he might not grasp new commands quickly at 9 months - how wrong was i... he literally learnt the command in 15 minutes and now gets very proud of himself (wriggly bum) knowing that he will get a treat for doing this amazing command :)

Roll over on the cards tonight!

·
Registered
242 Posts
that is so sweet, we taught wispa to close the door, if the back or front doors are open we ask her to close the door and she runs and pushes them shut and waits for a treat! bless her. :proud:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
oooo jojo, same company too! I have the one called boardwalk.
I have ordered one .. wonder if Honey and Picnic will approve .. only time will tell .. lol .. it could be crewed the first day ..

My daughter made me laugh this morning, she said I was a trainer of children, cockapoo and nanny's .. ahh love her ... I am no trainer by any means .. Honey's heel command really needs some work, my fault not hers .. oh and the OFF command well we are getting there slowly very slowly ... as for the Children and Nanny training - I think she means routine not training lol ... so lets see how JoJo's bell training goes .. should be fun :) :)

I cant wait for the delivery to arrive :) more doggie goodies ... hubby wont be surprised .. he knows me so well ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.