I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

It's all happening! We are picking our little girl cockapoo pup this coming Saturday!! (excittttteeeedd!) I ordered a crate from NorfolkPetCare on ebay which I saw was recommended several times in the forum.

Now I'm searching for a bed ... and I feel like there's probably not TOO much chance of making a bad decision, but I just wanted to know if anyone has any absolute favourites, ones their puppies/dogs love. Or even ones that look better for OUR eyes, better lasting, washable, etc.

I'd rather not spend a fortune, but willing to go a bit over if several people on here swear by something.

Thank you in advance! :)

Mary

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
As far as puppy bed goes for Chance it was a cardboard box with some vet bed in the bottom, started with a small one and got larger ones as she grew and did not matter at all when chewed. Also the vet bed washes very easily so just had a few bits to rotate if they got dirty.

I save nice beds for now when they are older and can keep their teeth to themselves.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Vet bed was I think my best buy. It lasts for ever - I have one piece that I have had for over 20 years! It washes and tumble dries and most importantly the dogs like to lie on it. I use it as a base in plastic beds, in their crate and now under the table. They do also have soft beds, but I didn't get them until we got passed the most destructive phase.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Definitely vetbed and a few fleecy blankets. Your pup is bound to have some little accidents and they are not only easy to wash but the vet bed draws moisture away from its surface so that your pup isn't sitting in her own urine. I got a piece the size of Miss Lilly's crate (actually I got two so that I could rotate them when they needed washing) and put several layers of newspaper underneath it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
As far as puppy bed goes for Chance it was a cardboard box with some vet bed in the bottom, started with a small one and got larger ones as she grew and did not matter at all when chewed. Also the vet bed washes very easily so just had a few bits to rotate if they got dirty.

I save nice beds for now when they are older and can keep their teeth to themselves.
That's exactly what I did, cardboard boxes fleeces and vet beds. Then purchased a lovely bed but didn't get it out until the chewing had stopped.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I agree with everyone! I got a very long piece of vetbed and chopped it up to use in several places with spares - including the bottom of the crate and later in a plastic bed. I kept a long one the length of the settee as a rug (we have wooden floors and I wanted a soft landing when she jumped off the settee - Poppy kept chewing the corner of our nice rug so it was banished very early on!) I'm hoping that one day she can have a lovely squidgy bed without destroying it :rolleyes:

Reactions: marycciu

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
ditto what everyone else has said, vetbed is great stuff. Dudley is on his 3rd bed now - thought we had cracked the not destroying it but not quite yet, at least this time it is repairable. If you do love the idea of a bed get a cheap one, even if they don't destroy it they grow out of it realy fast.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
When Ralph was a pup, and he was renowned for wrecking stuff - he had a small soft puppy bed / cushion which he used to play fight with, drag around, pounce on it, mount :eek: chew it & eventually de-stuff it!!
He did this with several (cheap) beds - including a huge wicker basket :mad: nothing but twigs when he & ruby had finished - it was my fault, I had this idyllic picture in my head of the two of them snuggling in it together - it was nothing more than a dream on my behalf!!
As others have said, nothing too nice or extravagant until she's stopped chewing :)

Exciting times - enjoy Saturday & don't forget the kitchen roll.... Plenty of it x

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO GLAD I ASKED YOU ALL!! I had heard 'vet bed' here and there, but didn't realise exactly what it was! I am now going to remove the doggie bed I had sitting in my basket on PetPlanet and look for a plastic box! :)

You are all brilliant and I'm so glad I joined this forum!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'd go for the proper stuff, I bought from eBay but from an established seller :)

Reactions: RuthMill

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have two beds for Bailey, one which we keep in her crate, a cheap one from Home Bargains, and another one from Amazon , Scruffs if the make of that one and we keep that one in the living room and she sleeps there while we are at home.

Both beds are still intact and she loves both equally.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
I just got it in a local pet shop. It's worth getting double what you need, cut it in two and have one available when you're washing the other one. It helps regulate temperature too, so will keep puppy warm but not too warm, or cool but not too cool! Add in a little blankie that puppy can scrunch up into a ball to rest on. That's more than sufficient.

Reactions: Mazzapoo

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got my Vetbed from amazon, I got the right width for his crate, but double the length and cut it. He had a few accidents at night when a baby, so at three in the morning it was a godsend to stick all the wet stuff in the washer and have clean dry Vetbed to hand! Deffo a top tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Jasper had the Danish Design Sherpa puppy bed! It's excellent value for the small cockapoo as it grows with them. Jasper won't sleep in anything else and he's 2 now. Luckily he still fits in it, only just! He is a little OCD with his bedding and toys though. He likes to know exactly where they are. He has got a bigger bed but prefers this one!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416268232.260828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts