I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’ve just joined this site as I have a new cockapoo, she is 9 weeks old and settling in well. She is crate training and has taken to it very well (so far). She is in and out of the crate throughout the day when I need to get bits and bobs done. She sleeps all night and I occasionally get up during the night to take her out if I think shes maybe had more water than usual. Anyway, ive noticed she gets mad in the evenings (the witching hour lol) and starts to calm and get tired at 8pm. Is this too early to crate her for bed, she gets let out for the toilet about 10.30pm and then I get up at 7am with her. Look forward to seeing what other cockapoo owners do ☺

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyway, ive noticed she gets mad in the evenings (the witching hour lol) and starts to calm and get tired at 8pm.
Hello Emma :) dogs are natural 'crepuscular' that means they can have a more active period at dawn or dusk, this can result in what I call a 'mad moment' in the evenings when they zoom around. You can ignore the behaviour , no word no eye contact so it isn't rewarded with attention or provide some form of mental stimulation like a puzzle game at this time then when you puppy has calmed down carry on as normal till bed time .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pups need 14-16 hours of sleep a day, so I don’t think it is too early. In fact, you’re routine sounds similar to what we used to do with ours when she was a pup. It also has the benefit of giving you a bit of time to yourself in the evening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts