I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup Mika, four months old f1 miniature cockapoo has started to lose her puppy coat? This is a very slow process its been going on for weeks and she has only shed on her back! The coat on her back feels completely different then the rest of her fur, it more coarse and the fur on her sides is very soft and fuzzy. When does the shedding end??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: Mika lost her puppy coat and that drove our allergies nuts, we got a furminator and after this it was about a month and she had her real coat. She is now a 1yr 4 months and hasn't had anything like that happen since. She sheds a little but not noticeable. I use the furminator maybe once a month, but I do recommend getting a Roomba if you get a pup just from the dirt they track inside and out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
update: Mika lost her puppy coat and that drove our allergies nuts, we got a furminator and after this it was about a month and she had her real coat. She is now a 1yr 4 months and hasn't had anything like that happen since. She sheds a little but not noticeable. I use the furminator maybe once a month, but I do recommend getting a Roomba if you get a pup just from the dirt they track inside and out.
Hi this is exactly what my cockapoo puppy looks like now at 13 week, would love to know how Mika’s fur looks now

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi this is exactly what my cockapoo puppy looks like now at 13 week, would love to know how Mika’s fur looks now
This is what Mika looks like when her hair is longer, this was a COVID hair cut haha. But her fur did come out we got a knock off of the furminator on amazon by dakpets which worked great! She sheds a little but brushing her once a week with with furminator fixes that. She didn't get a completely curly or straight coat, more wavy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is what Mika looks like when her hair is longer, this was a COVID hair cut haha. But her fur did come out we got a knock off of the furminator on amazon by dakpets which worked great! She sheds a little but brushing her once a week with with furminator fixes that. She didn't get a completely curly or straight coat, more wavy.
View attachment 131281
Wow!! She is gorgeous 😍😍😍 Hope our puppy becomes something similar 🥰🤞😍

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow!! She is gorgeous 😍😍😍 Hope our puppy becomes something similar 🥰🤞😍 View attachment 131313
SOOO CUTE! Your pup has all the same markings on the paws, chin, and tail as Mika! Mika doesn't have a cropped tail either which I love, because she also has that white spot at the end 💗 Your pup has such a similar coat to Mika i'm sure her coat will be gorgeous!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts