I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liquorice is becoming big and strong and this cost is realy wonderful but....it feels like there is another coat under this top coat... is this right. Is that his puppy coat, it just on the belly both sides. He is 7 months old and I brush every 2nd day but there seams to be another coat there too.
Any help and what do I do?
Thanks as always

Eibhlin

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
not exactly sure what you are describing, have you got any resent photos on him.

are you maby describing some mats in his coat ? at about 7 months the coat can become more work, and mat easier

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe it is matted but he loves getting his hair brushed ! God what do I do how will I get rid of them HELP

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
maybe it is matted but he loves getting his hair brushed ! God what do I do how will I get rid of them HELP
what kind of brush are you using? if you take a come will it go through the part you are talking about without getting caught.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it gets caught - All thats left is to get it cut right back.... so be it, nice and short for the summer:) I hope

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
no it gets caught - All thats left is to get it cut right back.... so be it, nice and short for the summer:) I hope
you dont have too, if you dont want.

if you take scissors and cut down in the direction the hair grows you can split the mat and brush it out. with a slicker brush.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
you dont have too, if you dont want.

if you take scissors and cut down in the direction the hair grows you can split the mat and brush it out. with a slicker brush.
Kendal, I used this tip before taking lady in for her grooming, as she had 2 bad matts behind her ears...where she scratches...It worked wonders....I forgott to tell you it worked so well but your post reminded me.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i keep meaning to try and film it so people know what im on about, because i was just chopping lups out of gypsy as a pup before i started at the kennels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts