I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Wonder if someone can answer a question for me (sounds a bit daft - but first time owner!!!)

Deefer is now 15 weeks old and is an apricot colour. I have noticed this week that on his back there is a large patch of very dark apricot fur coming through underneath his current coat.

Is this usual and does this mean his coat is going to be considerably darker than we first thought in this area (not that is worries me if this is the case - was just wondering.)

Second question is following a truly muddy walk, Deefer had a bath and we noticed a "spaniel" spot on his back - have we missed this before or do they develop over time.

Thanks - sorry for asking daft questions.

Sue

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol ther color changes and devolops over time Echo and Delta didnt have wee spots when they first came to us they they started to apearing when we bathed them about Deefers age.

i enjoy watching the coats change, i couldnt wait for Deltas spots to mone through.

have you got any photos

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks. Makes total sense now - guess i am going to have a beautiful dog with a deep apricot patch on his back. I shall begin spot watching henceforth!!!! Will try and take a photo as this patch develops. Think it only became apparent after the mud bath that he took in a deep puddle in the woods yesterday. Headed out on a cleaner walk today!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts