I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through some posts it occurred to me that people have different feeding methods & I just wondered what was best. Currently Dexter is on JWB about 50g per meal 3 meals a day. When do I change to 2 meals & won't he be hungry ?

Also, I feed it dry but read somewhere its best to mix with water so the puppy feels full when eating rather than scoff the lot which is what he does !!!

Also - if money or availability were no object - which food brand would you buy ? I really have no idea what's good although I kind of get that Bakers & Pedigree are not highly thought of.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I feed Olive 3 times a day, but she never eats 3 meals. She's only 11 weeks, but i'm wondering if I should cut her down to 2 or even 1 meal already. In the morning she eats maybe 5 pieces of kibble. At lunch she eats a few bites. Then at dinner she eats her whole meal and usually searches for food all evening long. I think i should just give her one bigger meal at dinner, but i'm not sure if that is ok. She's gaining weight so i'm not concerned that she doesn't eat breakfast or lunch.

Who knew feeding a dog would be so confusing!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hmmmm, Saffi is on JWB too and eats four meals a day! :eek: She has 25-30g morning, afternoon and evening and then mid-morning she has a raw chicken wing. She loves her food and when we took her to the vet on Wednesday she weighed 2.29kg. We'll carry on feeding her four times a day until she's 12 weeks.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Millie was originally on Royal Canin, but didn't like it. So moved her onto Science Plan, but again went off it. They tried Arden Grange, but still went off it. In the end I decided that kibble wasn't for her. So at 5 months moved her onto NI (Natural Instinct) and put her onto meals a day at this point.

She's still on two meals a day and still on NI, but tbh, she's not a brilliant eater. Only eats when she's hungry.

:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Harley and Yogi are on science diet puppy and I mix in a little Natures Diet wet food. Just a little.
I wish Natures Diet would do a dry food but as far as I know they don't its a natural food in 3 or 4 flavours plus a puppy one. They also do training treats which are fab soft and tasty but again no additives and no salt.
Harley was on two meals a day he will be a year next week to be honest it was him who decided he didnt want 3 and was leaving one so I just stopped giving it to him. I have just got Yogi who is 11 wks and so needs to be on 3 meals and of course Harley wants a bowl at the same time so I have just split his food amount into 3 again and everyone is happy!! :twothumbs:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
when your dropping a dog down form 3 to 2 meals you not changing the amount they get in the day you just spliting it between 2 meals insted of three so realy they get a little more in on meal time than the did before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.