I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H all,

Just taken Poppy into work on her third day with us. Bit of a nightmare as no work got done at all!

Poppy also nearly electrocuted herself on my PC wire. At least no poos or wees in the office! She was very nervous and was shaking when I carried her in but the customers seemed to like her!!

Does anyone else take their cockapoo to the office and are there any hints for a good balance between puppy and work?

I have bought a large crate and so she has her own space but she tends to want to sleep by my feet which means I can't roll my chair away from the desk in fear of hurting her!

It is only day one so hoping it will get easier!

Jane.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Hi Jane. I work from home and have similar issues at times with Daisy by my feet and nearly rolling over her with my chair! :eek:

How about taking something nice and chewy to work to distract her chewing wires and things. Maybe a kong you have made up at home filled with something yummy (but non smelly if you are working with others) or a stag bar/hide bone or a venison ear that has just been reccomended on another thread?

These kind of things will keep her occupied and then she will be ready for a little nap! ;)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My hubbie takes Dylan to the office when I'm working. He spends a lot of time on his lap and also enjoys shredding all the paper from the bins! You will find that Poppy will soon learn the routine and will settle down. It's very early days for you. I've always had dogs at work - one of the perks of working for yourself.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi Jane, Years ago I remember someone I know took her dog into work in a male dominated enviroment, the dog was 'tolerated' but not really accepted. To be fair not a lot of work got done and I think another solution was found. Hope you have a better acceptence but unfortunatly work is work and 'he who pays the piper calls the tune!'

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poppy has had day 2 in the office. Its male dominated but they all love her. She already goes to the door when she needs to go out.

Thanks all for the good advice. I bought a spray to stop her eating the wires and loads of toys, teething ones and a puppy kong. She has a large crate to sleep in and get away from it all but she chooses to sleep at my feet under the desk.

I am hoping when she learns the rules of her boundaries she will be ok. Fingers crossed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts