I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've announced on a different thread that after a long search, today I've found the breeder and gorgeous chocolate boy puppy for me. Yippeeeeeee! :D

Anyway, thoughts, and posts turned to names. I have spent ages making a short(ish)list, but no firm favourite at the moment. I noticed not everyone has put their favourite cockerpoo names up. So I wonder if people would like to post their favourite doggy names on here, and we'll see what turns up. It's taking me longer to choose a name for our puppy than it did for our son!

Thanks

Ann

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
My favorite cockapoo name is one that is on here.....I haven't heard from her in a while tho...but my all time favorite cockapoo name is not my cockapoos name....the name is Noodle and I love it!!! lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Ann

Congratulations on finding the perfect puppy :D We had loads of boys names that we liked, but wanted a girl dog so couldn't use any of them!! Our favourites were Alfie, Basil (after Mr Fawlty), Bert, Mr Darcy, lots of old fashioned names that every reception class is full of, and my hubbie wanted Dave or Steve just to be different to everybody else :)

Of course you could go down the chocolate bar route too, lots of yummy names there.

I think it's harder to choose a name for your puppy than your own children! My 11 year old son is called Charlie and there are 2 dogs out of 7 at doggy training class with his name :eek: Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for that, Karen - Alfie, Bert(ie) and Darcy are on my shortlist! Are you a reception teacher? I was a junior teacher and we once had a Shania Tequila - that took some thinking up!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I had so many boys names I am not sure how I would have decided if we had ended up with a boy! Here is my list....

Eddie
Ozzy
Cujo
Randolph
Arthur
Digby
Max
George
Chester
Claude
Barkley
Bruno
Dudley
Hector
Wilf
Dougie
Dylan

Sorry, I did warn you I had a few! ;)

Congratulations on finding your perfect puppy! :D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
You can always search on Google under boys names ... they are split up into themes/catagories. Somehow the more you look at the more you get confused. :confused: Good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
We have an Oscar who is a chocolate boy, we also have Dexie who is a blonde girl. Whilst out walking them this evening some children from up the road said i should have called them " Chocolate" and "vanilla", did make me chuckle:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, Sezra. Would you believe my last dog was called Max, and the one before that was Ozzy - mainly because we liked it, but also because I come from a place called Oswaldtwistle - imagine having to write that in reception class!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Thank you, Sezra. Would you believe my last dog was called Max, and the one before that was Ozzy - mainly because we liked it, but also because I come from a place called Oswaldtwistle - imagine having to write that in reception class!
I used to know someone from Oswaldtwistle (haven't had to write that for a long time!) I used to live in Whalley and worked for a bank. I used to cover branches in Blackburn and Accrington! One of the cashiers was from Oswaldtwistle! :D Loved living there but my ex husband's job moved us every two years and we went on to Aberdeen, then Cambridge, then got rid of him and came back to Oxford! :D

Looking forward to hearing the name that you choose and seeing some pictures! It is so exciting! :) What type of dogs did you have before?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I love Baxter (I think i've watched Anchorman too many times), Billy, Arnie, Frankie, Bertie - so many names, it's so hard to pick!!!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts