I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we've got our beautiful boy last week at 8 1/2 weeks and we've had a wonderful first week with him. He's loving, so kind and been a joy to our home.
He is reasonably toilet trained but we're really struggling with sleep. He wasn't used to a crate with his breeder and struggles to go in one now. We have a pen in our bedroom where we sleep, close to our bed and we have a bed, blankets for him, water, blanket smelling of mum wrapped around a hot water bottle and a toy or two for him.
He whimpers and wakes up a lot in the night, sleeping on average of an hour-two before waking, and a week in we're struggling to get any sleep. I'm really not coping and would love any advice and possibly some reassurance 😂 everyone we speak to tell us their pups sleep so well and I just worry if we're doing anything wrong.
Thank you 😊

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not so much advice but some reassurance, you will get there 😄 it took over a week for my pup to sleep in his crate - he still doesn’t go in there through the day etc but will sleep through. I even spent the first few nights sleeping on the floor with my hand in his crate as it was the only way he would settle and I could get some (uncomfortable) sleep! I done that and gradually moved further away.

I’m sure there are better ways to do it, but that’s what worked for my pup in the end!
Good luck - you’ll get there!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts