I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I'm new to this site and not quite sure how it works but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Well after months of deliberation, I have decided that the Cockapoo is the breed for me and my family. Now I just have to find the right breeder and puppy! Didn't realise when I first decided to get a dog that it would be so difficult. Have to keep reminding myself to be patient.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Hi and welcome!

There a lot of people here that know of some great breeders for cockapoos, although some breeders are very popular so you might have to put your name down quickly!
Saying that, me and my boyfriend decided we'd get a cockapoo and 4 days later came home with one! :p

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Have you started searching Rach? A good starting point is Breedersonline.com If you know whether you want american/english/working cocker it helps to narrow it down. I found it good to see the websites - it can give you a "feel" for the breeder. I was only looking at breeders who advertised pups available, then ended up waiting months for Izzy! The general consensus on here seems to be to try to go and visit 3 breeders if possible and don't commit yourself! If you have strong opinions about the ethics of breeding (health testing/ age puppies leave etc.) then you'll pick up a lot from website, and it's worth checking it out on the phone. A good breeder will welcome visitors, but may not want you to visit until pups are older, because of risk of infection.
JoJo's blog mydogslife.co.uk has an excellent guide to puppy buying, and if you ask on here, there'll be lots of advice about particular breeders I'm sure. Good luck, happy searching :)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I think it will depend if you want a puppy from a bigger licensed breeder such as Anzil's or Jukes Doodles, or if you would rather buy one from a smaller breeder in which it would be better to look for smaller ads on breedersonline & other pages that google will take you to such as petsathome etc. I bought my puppy from Anzil's & am expecting our second one in the next 6 weeks :) & also it may depend on what sort of mix you would like, english/american, show/working etc, Anzil does not breed working cockers. Good luck :D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Looks like everyone has covered all the advice on looking for a puppy.

Enjoy your search you'll learn loads along the way which will help narrow down your search.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi there ...

Buying a puppy is a very personal experience .. so I wouldnt like to tell you where to go or what type of puppy to pick .. but i have created a puppy buying guide on My Dog Life blog which may help you ... link below :)

Keep us posted .. you will love owning a cockapoo ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ali,
Have been doing lots of searching. Started with breeders online as that seems to be the site suggested by people on here. Have e mailed quite a few breeders so far. Some haven't got back to me yet and the ones that have don't have pups at the moment but I have registered my interest. I'm looking for an English Cockapoo and definitely a breeder who cares about their puppies and where they go and their future health. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it will depend if you want a puppy from a bigger licensed breeder such as Anzil's or Jukes Doodles, or if you would rather buy one from a smaller breeder in which it would be better to look for smaller ads on breedersonline & other pages that google will take you to such as petsathome etc. I bought my puppy from Anzil's & am expecting our second one in the next 6 weeks :) & also it may depend on what sort of mix you would like, english/american, show/working etc, Anzil does not breed working cockers. Good luck :D
Have been looking at both options to be honest. Have e mailed Anzil's as people on here seem to rate them highly but am still waiting for a reply. Good luck with your new puppy. Did you have to wait long?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Pleasure, I'm sure you will find exactly the right breeder for you, and you will end up with the most perfect puppy in the whole world :) I did, as did most of the forum users... :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there ...

Buying a puppy is a very personal experience .. so I wouldnt like to tell you where to go or what type of puppy to pick .. but i have created a puppy buying guide on My Dog Life blog which may help you ... link below :)

Keep us posted .. you will love owning a cockapoo ...
Thanks jojo. Have just been reading your blog. Very useful and entertaining!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
No we didn't really have to wait long either time, he doesn't keep a waiting list as he always checks that they've passed the tests at three weeks old before promising anything, so if you're looking for one rather soon then you may not need to wait too long if you've e-mailed :D Hope you find the perfect pup! Although all of Anthony's are amazing :D Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Sorry, Laura, just having a wee jest with you, no offence intended. I'm meeting up with someone on Monday who has a 6 month old black 'poo from Liverpool - called Ringo - I'll let you if it's one of Antony's :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts