I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post on here, not sure I'm doing it right!!! I'm looking for some experienced guidance really. I've been looking for a pup for awhile and recently decided I'm definitely going ahead, nervous time!! I made contact with Joe at Colne Valley, Colchester, and wondered if anyone on here has any experience of pups from here? Joe has two boys left from a litter by Alfred (Red poodle) one apricot and one red. Ant tips would be appreciated. I'm visiting on Sunday. What should I expect? Thank you x

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't know the breeder specifically so this is just some general advice.

1. Make sure you see the puppy's mother and if possible father, they should be interacting with the litter and as their own.
2. Check to ensure the puppy is clean, his area is clean, and that you get a 'good vibe' that the breeder is telling you the truth when answering your questions.
3. Depends on how old they are (>4 weeks?) but see if you can pick them up and if they will settle in your arms (expect an initial bit of squirming for about 20-30 seconds). Don't get a puppy that won't settle down in your arms.
4. You have 2 to pick out of the litter, if they are the quietest or most jumpy of their litter mates realize that trait will carry forward. Ideally you want a puppy that isn't on the extreme spectrums for attention.
5. ***/Coat colour is personal preference, but if you plan to neuter/spay then don't let it rule your decision.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colne valley

Hi Amanda ,
We collected Murphy yesterday and brought him home. He's a lovely red poo and his dad is Rupert, miniature red poodle and mum is a red cocker, but didn't catch her name. Joe was really helpful and I've emailed him several times over the last week with random queries. He's always happy to help. Hopefully Murphy will settle in quickly and well..... Fingers crossed so far! (Sorry for sideways pic of his journey home....l!!)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts