I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Training classes are going very well, Izzy is a little star, as is Ciara who's doing the classes with her.
Last night we were talking to the "helper" - she's told us how to teach "commando crawling" "rolling over" "playing dead" and "high five". That'll keep us all entertained this week :D
Ali all sounds great at puppy classes! How competitive is Ciara? As you may have seen on another thread I'm planning a little something and it appears you maybe ahead in one category:cool:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yes I was thinking the same, I love the sound of army crawl! I want to teach play dead as well, but Izzie is very fidgety :/ Not sure if she'll manage it lol

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Lady we taught her "bang bang" lol its awful really we make a gun with our fingers and say bang bang and she lies down...my husband thinks it's hillarious!
but army crawl would be cool. Lady will do alot but won't do roll over. she hates it!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I like the sounds of bang bang as well!
I was wondering though, is there an age that you should stop with tricks because it's more difficult for them to pick up? Or does it not matter?
Just that Izzie is 1 now, & everytime I try to do anything different she does what she already knows (even though i'm not saying that command) just because she wants the treats! Lol.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Wow that all sounds brilliant. I would so love Millie to Commando Crawl etc.

The only one I've not let her be taught is Paw. I don't want her to start pawing thinking she can get food from us. My mother in laws dog used to do it and it was really annoying and you just got bruised legs :(

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Okay I will keep trying then, it just seems like she only thinks that the tricks she knows now are what will get her treats haha, i'd love to teach her how to do all these news ones! :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I've just looked at the Dog Training place I go to and they do offer classes in tricks. :D Think I'll be making an enquiry :juggle:

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
we had planed on doing the advanced and then the trick class.....but hubby had lost his job and we hadn't quite caught up.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Ali all sounds great at puppy classes! How competitive is Ciara? As you may have seen on another thread I'm planning a little something and it appears you maybe ahead in one category:cool:
Oh no ,me and Buddy will be bottom of the class then ,were going backwards at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I've just been offered the advanced class - is it worth it do you think or would a tricks class be more fun! :D
Hmm, it is good because they introduce distance control and Away, not that Millie grasped Away very well.

Tricks does sound fun though, but I need to complete Rally first as I've started so will finish. They haven't offered tricks yet, maybe they need more takers.

Ask them for details of what the class entails and then decide if you think Lolly would benefit, esp for agility later on. :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
Puppy school on Thursday for Cara ..... Please may she not poop a smelly one again whilst taking her time in the middle of heel training circle .....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts