I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my first puppy training lesson yesterday which was really good and even better met Jeanette and Michael who have Milo and Alfie,so next week all the boys will meet up again (wonder if they'll remember each other?)

Some good advice when Buddy is biting is to cross your arms and turn your back on them ,ive tried this and it seems to work.

Gave Buddy a cream cheese with kibble kong later on and he loved it it kept him entertained for ages.

She also said another thing to carm a dog down is if you yawn ,havent tried this yet so will give it ago ,mind you i will prob fall a sleep not sure about Buddy.

We have all been givin a clicker and me and Buddy gave it ago this morning ,i had to get him to look into my eyes ha ha ha anyway he got it straight away the clever boy.

Cant wait till next week dx

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sounds great! I am amazed myself how great the clicker training works! We are working on "down" and "look" at the moment. The clicker is just great, that you can click in the excact moment they do it right! Lucky, that Cider is so food orientated, lol! Click, treat, click treat, click treat...we had 2 weeks hoildays, but back to classes tomorrow, all puppies will be much bigger now :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great to hear that the class was such a success. We started clicker training yesterday and it's amazing - my hubby calls it a dog remote control :D

Can't believe how fast they pick it up and the results are fab. Of course it helps if your puppy is food motivated like Biscuit!!! Also incredible that by using their brain to work things out in short training sessions they sleep so much better in the day. Best wishes, Karen x

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds cool,im not sure if im clicking in at the correct moment though ha ha (im wondering if it will work on husband ?????? ummmmm pick up shoes (click) put plates in dishwasher (click) put your clothes away (click)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts