I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I’m 20 and this is my first time ever having a puppy. Had him since I believe 10 weeks old and a full breed Cockapoo and now 10 months old. He is very stubborn and picks and chooses when he wants to actually be potty trained. Some weeks he only goes out side. Other weeks he only goes inside. He is very stubborn and I take him out side he sniffs and then the second he’s inside he pees and poops on his pad. How can I prevent this and fully train him to where I can take him out in public? He gets very jealous too so if I’m talking to someone he looks at me then pees next to my foot! This is very frustrating at times and can be embarrassing if out in public. How can I prevent this?

· Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
81 Posts
Hi, so I’m 20 and this is my first time ever having a puppy. Had him since I believe 10 weeks old and a full breed Cockapoo and now 10 months old. He is very stubborn and picks and chooses when he wants to actually be potty trained. Some weeks he only goes out side. Other weeks he only goes inside. He is very stubborn and I take him out side he sniffs and then the second he’s inside he pees and poops on his pad. How can I prevent this and fully train him to where I can take him out in public? He gets very jealous too so if I’m talking to someone he looks at me then pees next to my foot! This is very frustrating at times and can be embarrassing if out in public. How can I prevent this?
I'd go back to the start ditch the puppy pads keep takin him out and really really praise him when he does it outside

· Registered
4,736 Posts
Yup as the others say back to the start and take him out all the time and praise and reward. If he has not gone and you come back in, watch him and the second he starts to sniff take him straight back out again. Clean up using something which gets rid of every trace of the odour and never tell him off for toileting inside.

· Registered
9 Posts
I wouldn’t use puppy pads and take them out more regularly. Also try a clicker and treats. My puppy is 8 weeks and had no accidents inside (didn’t use pads). I take her out super quick as she gets out her crate (I wait for at least 2 pees and possibly a poo before she comes in) then bring her in for training (she is hand fed) some playing and then bed. It goes in a loop until bed I take her out around 12 then again at 4.30 then she’s up at 5.30 usually.

I would by an enzyme spray just in case. I read somewhere that pee pads teach a dog to go inside and then they prefer it so it takes longer to toilet train. With my other dog that was certainly the case she even had some accidents when she was older.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts