I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again I am looking for a male chocolate with White chest cockapoo if any one can point me in the right direction,
I am not sure of the coats and how to tell what the coat will be like when there a bit older ? The photos I've looked at the pups seem to be all smooth when they are first born. :)

· Registered
175 Posts
Hiya. I think one of the interesting things about cockapoo's is that there is a lot of variety in the type of coats they may have. I have seen some that seem to have more cocker spaniel type coats, some more poodley and some in the middle, but, going from my experience with Bobby anyway, there can be quite a difference between their coat when they are small pups and when they are adult.

have you identified a breeder?

It can be a bit of a minefield out there finding a good breeder, but if you have a look in this link it will give you some idea what questions to ask them before you decide.

http://www.cockapoo-owners-club.org.uk/cockapoo_finding_a_breeder.html

Good Luck :)

EDIT - I see from your other post that you already have found a breeder and puppy :)

· Banned
1,983 Posts
Hi again I am looking for a male chocolate with White chest cockapoo if any one can point me in the right direction,
I am not sure of the coats and how to tell what the coat will be like when there a bit older ? The photos I've looked at the pups seem to be all smooth when they are first born. :)
Hi Gloria,

Try looking at the gallery we have on the CCGB's website - it may help:

http://www.cockapooclubgb.co.uk/before-and-after.html

Stephen x

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Hi there welcome to the forum.where in the uk are you and are you looking for english or american,toy or mini? As newborns most cockapoos look the same,ive attached a pic of a newborn choccy litter then a pic of a pup from that same litter to show you how much they change,this particular litter was 3 years ago so not available. The best time to view pups would be around 4-5 weeks where coats are changing and personalities are developing although you can never really tell what type of coat you will get.very curly cockapoos tend to show from an early age but many change coat type after their first clip around 10 mths-one year. xxx

newborn litter

5weeks old

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies
Is the second picture of a puppy from the litter of pups the 1st photo?
As the pup am going to visit on Monday looks very similar to one of the smooth coat pups in the photo,
I know the best time to view a puppy is around six to eight weeks but every time I phone they have all been reserved before or just after there born :-(

· Registered
175 Posts
A lot do have a waiting list. I am going to get a second 'poo but there wont be any available from the breeder I want to use until late August.

It will be worth the wait though :)

Just make sure you ask all the questions about parents health, what testing has been done etc before you go. It is VERY hard to walk away from a breeder and decide not to take one of their pups so do your checking before you go.

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Thanks for the replies
Is the second picture of a puppy from the litter of pups the 1st photo?
As the pup am going to visit on Monday looks very similar to one of the smooth coat pups in the photo,
I know the best time to view a puppy is around six to eight weeks but every time I phone they have all been reserved before or just after there born :-(
Yes that pup was from that litter.Is the puppy ypu are maby getting an f1 or f2?x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.