I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
George does this to his favourite teddy and tonight he has insisted on taking it to my daughter's boyfriend and doing it in front of him! What is he trying to show. He is the only one who can get him to play fetch and George really seems to like him! Is it a dominance thing?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
:D Don't know, but they seem to single out one or two specific objects for humping. Dylan has only ever humped the cushion from his puppy bed and my bath towel when I'm trying to dry myself!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D Don't know, but they seem to single out one or two specific objects for humping. Dylan has only ever humped the cushion from his puppy bed and my bath towel when I'm trying to dry myself!
oh dear I shouldn't laugh but soooo got a pic there in my head!:eek:

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
It isn't just a boy thing either....Lady will hump her teddy too. I was told it was a dominance thing

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Max humped for the first time today. First his toy pheasant and then his blanket...

Reactions: pixie

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Obi humps his big teddy now and again but seemed to do it more when he was younger..weird I thought they would do it more as they got older? It looks like a dominance action to me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
:laugh: Eddie still does this at 1 year old?!!!

He especially gets excited with my daughter and her boyfriend and we think this is because my daughters boyfriend has a female Labrador and he can smell her on them?!

My nephew says "Eddie's doing the conga again"

I thought having him castrated would put a stop to it, but no such luck!!!

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Humping .. great topic :)

Oakley has never humped belongings or items etc .... oh dear and I want him to make puppies :S ha ha ha

Seriously, Oakley doesn't hump teddies or cushions etc but he does try to hump Honey, and a few other male dogs we know ....

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Echo humps Delta which is a dominance thing.

sometimes i think it becomes a habbit, but wirh Echo she is a very dominant dog.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Rufus has never humped cushions, legs or toys believe it or not!! However, as those people that attended Poo Fest 2011 will have witnessed he is rather partial to other dogs ... especially male dogs. I think in Rufus's case it really is a dominance thing. He is very proud of his award for the 'friendliest dog'!

If anyone has any tips for dissuading dominance humping I'd be very grateful.

Karen x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
When you have a few breeding bitches about - the "girl-on-girl" thing is a regular occurrence - it tends to be hormonal and we actually use it (in part) to help us gauge if there is any girl beginning to cycle.

Ziggy humped everything from the day we got him. The humping of any other dog (as a puppy) is a natural dominance thing. Ziggy has grown to be a very obliging stud dog - and now only humps when mating.

As a youngster (from around 6 months old) he took a certain liking to Honey (perhaps best described as a severe crush !) - he would come for a run in the paddock and mount her - thrusting - but not connecting ! (to him it was right but he knew nothing of the why and wherefores). Honey was completely oblivious - and only had eyes for the tennis ball I was about to throw.

Often - Honey would be stood - transfixed on my balls (!!?) - whilst Ziggy stood on his back legs behind her - gently "vibrating" ! ...........when I threw the tennis ball - Honey was the first to chase .......leaving Ziggy........ air humping avidly....... the only comical bit was that he continued "humping" (in mid-air) whilst slowly watching her dissapear after a ball !

Stephen x

·
Registered
685 Posts
In answer to your question, yes females do hump, as our Holly humps her red and yellow cuddly Doodles (from Tweenies). She lays on her her side with Doodles between and HUMPS!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
369 Posts
lol Eddie just humped Grahams leg :D I explained to Graham that maybe he needs another Cockapoo to play with ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts