I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mum has worried me tonight as she has said giving him NI can give him too much protein and make him hyper , she says he should have more carbs! Think
she has been reading some article, is this true?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think maybe she has got it the wrong way round, with people it is the carbs that give the highs as they hit the blood stream and are converted to sugar (glucose) very quickly, protein takes longer to digest.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
"Dogs have short simple digestive tracts made for digesting animal protein and fat. Their systems are designed to consume and metabolize animal flesh and fat.

They have difficulty digesting grains and other complex carbohydrates.

So in its simplest terms – dogs are best fed high quality meat protein and fats with NO grains and few carbohydrates." :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
My mum has worried me
I was just thinking to myself "Jayne has had such a lovely time with George at Burghley, he is so settled with the family and she doesn't seem to be worrying as much......"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (with you Jayne, not at you :D)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
dry kibbles are full of artificial protein and in concentrated quantity's, raw meat is high in natural protein in a more natural quantity that is good for the body.

don't worry, dogs on raw are generally calmer than dogs on kibble(but puppies will be puppies ) carbohydrates are not required by a dog.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
As Kendal said i think shes correct about the protein but i think its only when its in kibble form.dx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Jane, George is a picture of health and you've got proof he's a gorgeous puppy, get that picture framed, wear his rosette with pride and bye loads of affirmating magazines when they are out and leave them dotted around the house... coffe table, loo etc... and no worrying :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts