I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of vaccine did your pup have as been told that 2nd vaccine has to be same brand and will have to find a vet who uses same brand or start again which is not an option, thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was thinking the same question the other day! Will have to ask JD what vaccine they use,as i dont really want to start over again and want pup vaccinated as soon as poss so we can take her to the beach at some point this summer:)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I know of a few cases here a puppy has reacted because the 2nd vaccine was different,the pup nearly died and belongs to my friend but ive heard of a few others and my vet said that these severe reactions can and does happen,he has witnessed quite a few:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its nobivac our vet didnt have it but rather than start new course i rang round and found a vet nearby that did and just took poppy for vacc there.Sylvias vet really helpful when i rang them for advice said they would post some out but it needed to be refrigerated so unless nearby not an option.They all seem to use various brands when i rang round.Also my vet said its only important for first course to be same brand, boosters can be different ones.George is gorgeous and if anything like my sylml puppy will be a treat she is a star at puppy class being used as example by the trainer this morning!happy ,friendly everyone that meets her is charmed wouldnt hesitate to return to breeder if we ever got another dog;)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Helen, I suppose if I can't find a vet in Grimsby with same brand I could always take him back to Lincoln to the vet they use

·
Registered
301 Posts
You sure our pups are from the same litter Helen??? Poppy turns into a brat at puppy class and we are used as an example of what not to do! Must try harder tomorrow.....:eek:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
woo hoo , just got out my retrievers vacination card (he died 3 years ago) and brand used was nobivac, let hope they haven't changed

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
helen your poppy looks a bit like my friends pup Jazz. She was from Sylvia too. Have posted a pic of her

·
Registered
31 Posts
Shouldnt big her up michelle should i as you will see her in the flesh soon enough!she is very excitable and just wants to play most of time but will do anything for bit chicken or liver just pulled her out of bin and dishwasher in that order.

·
Registered
31 Posts
good news about vaccine yes poppy does look like your friends dog i saw the picture earlier mum was ruby dad zac hope she keeps her colour good luck with your viewing

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Dexter's first jab at the breeders was different from my vet's normal brand so she ordered it in specially for him. She said it wasn't a good idea to mix brands. Otherwise I would have gone to another vet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts