I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my puppy since saturday and today hes not been eating his food, whining and jumping up at the bars of his playpen and has been for a poo about 8/9 times this morning it was a normal toilet..But as the days gone on he's getting restless and now has very runny poo! What do I do!?!?!?

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
humnh, How old is your pup? Swithching to boiled chicken and rice is what works for us if lady has an upset tummy, that's what our vet suggested.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
It could be the food - especially if he was 8 weeks on Saturday.
Did you change from what the breeder gave you ? - and what brand are you using ? (it may be a cereal intolerance).
Was there any blood in the poo ?
If you seriously concerned take him to the vet straight away !!!!!....being still such a baby you do not want him to get de-hydrated !!!

Stephen x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
It could be the food - especially if he was 8 weeks on Saturday.
Did you change from what the breeder gave you ? - and what brand are you using ? (it may be a cereal intolerance).
Was there any blood in the poo ?
If you seriously concerned take him to the vet straight away !!!!!....being still such a baby you do not want him to get de-hydrated !!!

Stephen x
if the pup is only just 8 weeks dehydration can happen fast...is he drinking alot?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I had the same thing when I got Dylan. The vet checked him out and advised chicken and rice. I did that for a few days plus bio yogurt. But Dylan was fine in himself- lively and active with no dehydration and as the others have said, that is what to be careful about.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I hope he is getting better, Harley wasn't great to begin with and we had a little blood and mucas in his poo which I knew was collitus which the vet confirmed however as soon as he was allowed out on proper walks his poos have been perfect!!!! and touch wood it seems to have cleared. I do give him a tiny tiny amount of pro biotic which looks like rabbit pellets it just helps keep the good bacteria in the bowels at the right level. (I get this from my vets)
Chicken and Riceis perfect for this but as Stephen said they do get dehydrated very fast so I would go to the vet as soon as you can. Remember they do sometimes have this problem when moved to new home away from littermates and it is very common but withot doubt have him checked. Has he been wormed? They can cause pooly tums. I hope things improve good luck Mary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts