I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone im thinking about getting a cockapoo loved them for years and have done loads of research , i have enquired to go onto raffles cockapoo pre- reserve list , would just like to know about anyones experiences with them or any other cockapoo breeders that are licensed and safe in the yorkshire area please, and thankyou in advance.

Apologies think i have placed this is the wrong section. Just getting used to the page .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m not sure about Raffles. Our Cockapoo was an oops puppy. He has been best dog ever! He was born with pertella problems. Had one knee replacement surgery at age three. But he is a wonderful dog. I know our vet said it’s best to get dogs that are first generation as second or third run into genetic issues. Others may not agree again this is just something our vet stated. Good luck on finding your future family member!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Cockapoo246 I was just wondering if you did end up getting your puppy from Raffles. I have put my name on their pre-reserve list and I just wanted to get some feedback on your experience with them. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raffles cockapoo

Hey , i havent yet got one im still looking , theres a breeder in yorkshire called exclusive pups which looks amazing so im going to get in touch with raffles and exclusive pups. What is the process with pre reserves ??

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I have had a quick look at both sites. The first thing I will say is that neither one displays a local authority license number. I would make sure to ask that they are licensed under the new (2018) DEFRA regulations. They will have been awarded a star rating, you want to see a three star plus rating. Many large breeding establishments are being given a one star licence and if this is what they have- walk away. A one star means they are failing to meet minimum standards of welfare. Although it is still a license it really shouldn’t be! So that would be my first question to ask and then all the health tests of parents and their other policies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We were on their waiting list for 13 months (due to a change in circumstances in that time) and my concerns grew and grew as time went on.
They have increased their prices three times in the period but this last jump was the final straw and we asked for our money back.
Although I know people who have lovely frogs from Raffles I do feel they are a puppy farm with a good website and big following! They ALWAYS seem to have litters ready to go - often posting that they have different breeds at the same time - so clearly they always have multiple litters. I just don’t know how they can look after the welfare of their puppies and they never post about the adult dogs so I dread to think how they are looked after :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have just paid a £250 deposit for a pup from Raffles. They were recommended by 2 different people that live in my village and I have seen both of their dogs, which are beautiful. We have been looking to get a pup for the last 3 years and we were going to view a litter this week (for collection next month), but I have now read all these bad reviews and am so worried that we have been caught - thinking that they were reputable breeders. I had to fill in a form which asked all the right questions and I really thought that we had found someone I could trust. Can anyone recommend a reputable home breeder? I'm devastated about this and don't know what we're going to tell our son now :-(

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
JaneyM check out the Facebook group Raffles have your say for the truth about them. They breed huge numbers and many pups have been seriously ill or even died

1 - 11 of 11 Posts