I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Cider was wormed yesterday again. I noticed he was in the afternooon a bit more unsettled. In the nighttime he started barking at around 12 and kept it up, so I let him out ( although already had made 2 poos in the kitchen ) and put him back in crate. He kept the barking up, so we knew its not about being let out. We were trying to ignore, as I dont want to let him think we come when he barks for ever so long. But when my neighbour knocked on the wall, my husband got unhappy and went downstairs and slept on the couch. Cider was fine then having company.
I keep a log for Cider ( more frequent at the start, when he came home, than now) but I could see, the night after his last worming, was exactly the same. Barking and howling the night though, although we were already having quiet nights.
Do you think this can be an upset stomach to worming ( Panacur ) ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh no, we're having Dexters worming done today - i'll ask the vet today!! Hope hes better tonight x

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you jools, that's very kind of you. Wonder what they say. Forgot to say, before his breakfast, he was vomiting two little blobs of yellow foam as well. But was playing and fine quite quickly after.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dexter didnt have a problem last time but he had it done the same time as his injection so come to think of it he was very sleepy but i wouldn't have even put it down to anything else - i'll keep you posted later !!! x

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi. I've just been staying at my Dads and he has a GSD. He gave a worming tablet in her food in the morning and she had a slightly upset stomach in the pm (more runny poos) which he said she gets every time she's wormed. So I think they can affect a dog, but probably in different ways x

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Hi, I wonder if it was just becuase it was so warm last night. Betty was very
unsettlted last night which is very unusal for her as she will normally sleep from the time we put her to bed until gone 7 in the morning without a whimper..

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Some dogs do have side effects from worming and can react to different brands too.

Normally it is a bit of sickness or upset tummy but normally only lasts that day and then back to normal.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Wilf has been sick before. The vet has given Mable Milbemax and she's always been fine. Not sure if theres a difference or not x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Waldo was the same way -- just not happy -- but the first 2 times he DID have worms, so I can't imagine it feels very good passing all that through his system :( He was also very sensitive to his booster shots and would be out of sorts for 2-3 days. Good luck! I'm sure Cider will settle down from it all!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Waldo was the same way -- just not happy -- but the first 2 times he DID have worms, so I can't imagine it feels very good passing all that through his system :( He was also very sensitive to his booster shots and would be out of sorts for 2-3 days. Good luck! I'm sure Cider will settle down from it all!
That sounds very simular to Cider. He was very lethargic after his second vaccination for 4 hours and whimpering.

Ask the girls at the front desk at vet today and she said, Cider might be dog who is always a bit sensitive:( she said let him get muddy and roll in fox poo, that might be toughing him up.
Cider was great all day and had some good plays with his friend dogs, so I hope we will have a quiet night tonight, fingers crossed

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hi
I have today started Milo & Alfie's worming its Panacur Oral Paste and the treatment is spread over three days....I'll report on any adverse reaction.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi
I have today started Milo & Alfie's worming its Panacur Oral Paste and the treatment is spread over three days....I'll report on any adverse reaction.
OMG ! It's all my fault, I feel so terrible now. Poor Cider was feeling poorly because I didn't read the leaflet in a proper way:(
First of all I gave the dose in one go and secondly, I gave him the adult protion, which is double the dose:cry:
I have a big lump in my throat now. So happy to have you guys here in the forum to confess. At least I know better for next time now. Thank god, Cider is okay...have to go to give him extra big cuddles and a nice treat now!
Bini

·
Registered
651 Posts
OMG ! It's all my fault, I feel so terrible now. Poor Cider was feeling poorly because I didn't read the leaflet in a proper way:(
First of all I gave the dose in one go and secondly, I gave him the adult protion, which is double the dose:cry:
I have a big lump in my throat now. So happy to have you guys here in the forum to confess. At least I know better for next time now. Thank god, Cider is okay...have to go to give him extra big cuddles and a nice treat now!
Bini
Hi Sabine
Did the vet prescribe this for you? if so they should have explained to you it was over three days and explained how many graduations you should administer each dose......so if they did'nt then you need to speak to them....I dont think you will have done any long term damage but its fair to say if Cider had worms their not feeling very well now...keep smiling we have all made mistakes and will all make some more I'm sure:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you **** and Jeannette,
yes, the vet prescribed it and she only said to give a 2 kg dose and then next time for a 3 kg dog dose. I looked it up on the leaflet, but went straight away to the table for the doses and didnt realise its for adults dogs. Its at the bottom of the sheet, where the Puppies are mentioned, but it's not a table, its just normal formed in sentences. Well I should have made more effort to read it, but I agree, that she should mentioned to give it over 3 days. She knew excactly, that this is our first dog, and that everything is totally new to us.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thank you **** and Jeannette,
yes, the vet prescribed it and she only said to give a 2 kg dose and then next time for a 3 kg dog dose. I looked it up on the leaflet, but went straight away to the table for the doses and didnt realise its for adults dogs. Its at the bottom of the sheet, where the Puppies are mentioned, but it's not a table, its just normal formed in sentences. Well I should have made more effort to read it, but I agree, that she should mentioned to give it over 3 days. She knew excactly, that this is our first dog, and that everything is totally new to us.
Don't dwell on this Sabine, Cider is ok and you've learnt a big lesson and the concern you are showing just shows that you are a loving dog owner and Cider is a lucky puppy:) In the future if you have any doubts just call your vet they will only be to happy to help as long as you've not chewed them out to bad over this;) ****

·
Registered
67 Posts
Missie was the same. every time I worm her. it upsets her stomach and she has passed a tiny drop of blood. but vets says worming sometimes does that. scared to give next dose. she is on miilibax.:confused:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Don't dwell on it Bini, we all get it wrong sometimes, but Cider's fine, and no doubt enjoying the extra fuss you've made over him :hug: to you x

·
Registered
430 Posts
Compared to what they eat Bini outside ther tablets are probably nothing compared to that (Dexter has a liking to the guinea pig poo at the mo) :eek: ........... Dexter hated his Worming tablets the other day ......... it did make me giggle when ate his food and i'd hidden half a tablet but it melted in his mouth and he looked at me as if to say "wot have u given me"????? Bless him!!!! I think he ate it all :confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Compared to what they eat Bini outside ther tablets are probably nothing compared to that (Dexter has a liking to the guinea pig poo at the mo) :eek: ........... Dexter hated his Worming tablets the other day ......... it did make me giggle when ate his food and i'd hidden half a tablet but it melted in his mouth and he looked at me as if to say "wot have u given me"????? Bless him!!!! I think he ate it all :confused:
We went to a great walking area place ( where we probably will go very often in future) and the place was full of rabbit poo. Cider thought it's heaven, treats every step of his way. I was looking forward to a pleasant walk, but was stressing out until a woman said: well that's what they do...just think its only grass, what the rabbits eat...so I relaxed a bit more, lol! It's just gross, what they all pick up, little rascals!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Isla loves the guinea pig food! ..............Have to keep it hidden from her! she also finds the guinea pigs fascinating, she lays down and watches them for ages with her tail wagging!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts