I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
can i add i also feed raw? i read the book"give your dog a bone "by ian billinghurst, and it made such sense, he talks about all the problems dogs suffer from because of modern feeding, i have been feeding this way for three weeks, and both our dogs look wonderful, i give natural probiotic yogurt once a week on their food,as he advises that, definitely worth getting the book x

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a problem I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. It’s a bit long sorry. I have an 8 month old cp, for about 2-3 months we’ve been having problems with her food and loose poops. She was on royal canin which started giving her loose poo’s and she stopped eating it. We tried james wel which was awful on her tummy. The vet put her on a prescription dry food (Hills ID) this was fine for about 3 weeks and her poo firmed up lovely. She then went off this and just wouldn’t eat it, we thought ok she’s being a fussy girl and we said ok miss a meal but it turned into 2 days then she’d eat a tiny bit. The vet then said ok let’s try the wet ID food and we’ll give her medicine for excess tum acid in case it’s that plus antibiotics to clear up anything else! (poo samples already came back clear) she was fine for another 2-3 weeks then had a day and half of no food did a biley sick then wanted food again. She had done this before, been sick with just a mouthful of bile then ate. Last week she had awful watery diarrhoea which sorted itself in a couple of days and we thought it might be the fact she’d had a worm tablet that morning. Then this morning we woke up to a crate full of diarrhoea and had to bath her at 6.20am. but she is fine in herself and ate woofed up her breakfast. My vet does ring me each week to update on where we are with her but I feel like im getting no where. I just don’t know what to do anymore, im actually crying as I type this. It’s stressing me out so much, im trying to juggle her and working (part time work, she is left 3-4 days for 3-4 hours and just sleeps, she is perfectly happy with this). She is my life and I don’t want to ever get rid of her but I don’t know how much longer I can do this. I knew it would be hard and expensive having a dog but I just feel so desperate now. So sorry for rambling, 
l Hi just reading your post and it dounds like my dog.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have a problem I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. It’s a bit long sorry.

I have an 8 month old cp, for about 2-3 months we’ve been having problems with her food and loose poops. She was on royal canin which started giving her loose poo’s and she stopped eating it. We tried james wel which was awful on her tummy. The vet put her on a prescription dry food (Hills ID) this was fine for about 3 weeks and her poo firmed up lovely. She then went off this and just wouldn’t eat it, we thought ok she’s being a fussy girl and we said ok miss a meal but it turned into 2 days then she’d eat a tiny bit. The vet then said ok let’s try the wet ID food and we’ll give her medicine for excess tum acid in case it’s that plus antibiotics to clear up anything else! (poo samples already came back clear) she was fine for another 2-3 weeks then had a day and half of no food did a biley sick then wanted food again. She had done this before, been sick with just a mouthful of bile then ate. Last week she had awful watery diarrhoea which sorted itself in a couple of days and we thought it might be the fact she’d had a worm tablet that morning. Then this morning we woke up to a crate full of diarrhoea and had to bath her at 6.20am. but she is fine in herself and ate woofed up her breakfast.

My vet does ring me each week to update on where we are with her but I feel like im getting no where.

I just don’t know what to do anymore, im actually crying as I type this. It’s stressing me out so much, im trying to juggle her and working (part time work, she is left 3-4 days for 3-4 hours and just sleeps, she is perfectly happy with this). She is my life and I don’t want to ever get rid of her but I don’t know how much longer I can do this. I knew it would be hard and expensive having a dog but I just feel so desperate now.

So sorry for rambling, just desperate 

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have a problem I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. It’s a bit long sorry.

I have an 8 month old cp, for about 2-3 months we’ve been having problems with her food and loose poops. She was on royal canin which started giving her loose poo’s and she stopped eating it. We tried james wel which was awful on her tummy. The vet put her on a prescription dry food (Hills ID) this was fine for about 3 weeks and her poo firmed up lovely. She then went off this and just wouldn’t eat it, we thought ok she’s being a fussy girl and we said ok miss a meal but it turned into 2 days then she’d eat a tiny bit. The vet then said ok let’s try the wet ID food and we’ll give her medicine for excess tum acid in case it’s that plus antibiotics to clear up anything else! (poo samples already came back clear) she was fine for another 2-3 weeks then had a day and half of no food did a biley sick then wanted food again. She had done this before, been sick with just a mouthful of bile then ate. Last week she had awful watery diarrhoea which sorted itself in a couple of days and we thought it might be the fact she’d had a worm tablet that morning. Then this morning we woke up to a crate full of diarrhoea and had to bath her at 6.20am. but she is fine in herself and ate woofed up her breakfast.

My vet does ring me each week to update on where we are with her but I feel like im getting no where.

I just don’t know what to do anymore, im actually crying as I type this. It’s stressing me out so much, im trying to juggle her and working (part time work, she is left 3-4 days for 3-4 hours and just sleeps, she is perfectly happy with this). She is my life and I don’t want to ever get rid of her but I don’t know how much longer I can do this. I knew it would be hard and expensive having a dog but I just feel so desperate now.

Hi this sounds like my puppie. Ever since we had her

Hi,

I just don’t know what to do anymore, im actually crying as I type this. It’s stressing me out so much, im trying to juggle her and working (part time work, she is left 3-4 days for 3-4 hours and just sleHi this eps, she is perfectly happy with this). She is my life and I don’t want to ever get rid of her but I don’t know how much longer I can do this. I knew it would be hard and expensive having a dog but I just feel so desperate now.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Hi this sounds like my dog lola. She is 6 month now and frombthe time we got her she had runny poos. Spent a small fortune at the vets with test and special foods. She was always abstained in herself and gaining weight so we couldn't understand it. I was doing research and came across a post about over feeding your dog can cause runny poos so I checked the feeding amount and found d out I was over feeding!!! 😅 I have never had a puppie before and she always seemed hungry lol. So I've cut her food down and added her daily treats into the amount and she's much better. But check the treat because some does effect my dogs tummy. Hope this helps.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts