I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy Lolly some longer lasting chew treats to keep her occupied for a bit ;) She is fed kibble and I'm not keen on giving her raw food/bones so wondered what people recommend.

She is 11 weeks old. I give her a kong filled with peanut butter and a few treats but that doesn't last long! She has also had an edible bone from Nylabone (came in a value pack along with a flexi and nobbly non-edible bones) which she loved but didn't last very long (less than 10 minutes)

I seem to read conflicting advice about hide treats.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
have you tried freezing her kong it will last that little bit longer.

im looking into getting dear antler as they dont smell or stane anything and are ment to be full of nutriense. http://www.puredog.co.uk/

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Oooo they sound interesting Kendal will have a look ... surely they are just littered evrywhere up in your neck of the woods lol x

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
nyla bones are NOT edable they are made form plastic with a flaver added

"You should check your dog's toys regularly for signs of wear and damage; removing worn and damaged toys immediately."

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
just baught a midum and a large, i exspec that will do till the end of the year lol

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to reasure everyone - it was definately an edible one! She loves her chicken flavoured unedible one which she just chews and chews on but doesn't eat.

I went to the pet shop to try to buy another one but they only come in that triple pack and seeing as the normal non-edible nylabones last ages I don't particularly want to buy a triple pack just for the 1 edible one!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My husband and his mum used to have a pet store market stall at Romford market and I used to help out in my late teens to mid 20's and I was always a bit freeked by the pigs ears. They used to sometimes still have wax and hair on them :eek: I got used to them in the end.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I've been trying to get hold of the stag things for a while - they sell them at the vet's around the corner from my friend, but she keeps forgetting to go and buy me one before she comes to visit! We're seeing her again on thursday, so fingers crossed!

Rosie loves pigs ears and the big bones they sell in proper pet shops (I presume they are dried or something). We have to be careful because of her sensitive tummy, which is why I want to try the stag bars out. I'll let you know if my friend remembers!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Lady loves pig ears, they sometimes smell disgusting, and we have aired them out in the garage. ewwww....lol I am so squeemish....used to take her days...now she is done in about half an hour.

I bought her a new non edible nylabone this weekend....the kind for a dog twice her size....and she has managed to chew through an end already! it's junk now as she can pull off chuncks....I am mad it was $13 dollars and it lasted a day!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Amanda you obviously need a few antlers around the house .. surely there must be things like that just littered around by, out in the wilderness lol x

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
HAHHAHA yes my Canadian wilderness! right next to my igloo I gather....lol! i am in suburbia....no antlers around....THANK GOODNESS!!!!!! the dead birds and mice she finds is more than enough for me

1 - 20 of 86 Posts