I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spotted on preloved 11 month apricot female for re-homing:pout:,ad was put on yesterday. I do hate seeing dogs up for re-homing but then again you don't know the owners circumstances. Just thought some one on here might be interested. Will give you an update on my pup Pebbles soon haven't had the time with a 2,3 year old and a pup to look after. All i can say is thats shes pretty amazing:love-eyes: i cant believe how intelligent she is. Training her has been a breeze fingers crossed it stays that way:D. Bye for now gotta go.

Tasha.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi tasha
she does look lovely, what a shame she has to go to another home, i hope she gets someone that keeps her this time?
they are asking for a new owner to pay for her, may be thats why they are not taking her back to the breeder because they wont get any money back from them.
im sure someone will snap her up soon.
mandy

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I think that is why people often don't return them to the breeder because they dont get any money back. It is interesting as the breeder will ask for money for the dog when they rehome it. Maybe if there was a half way solution more owners would return them rather than advertising but I can understand that this may encourage owners to see their dogs as refundable items. Maybe the breeder could help find a new home?

·
Banned
1,983 Posts
hi tasha
she does look lovely, what a shame she has to go to another home, i hope she gets someone that keeps her this time?
they are asking for a new owner to pay for her, may be thats why they are not taking her back to the breeder because they wont get any money back from them.
im sure someone will snap her up soon.
mandy
Unfortunately I'd say virtually no breeder offers a full "refund" - some tend to shut the door once a puppy leaves for it's new home - though some will look to find an alternative home if asked (it does depend on the specific situation).

In all honesty I'd hate to see any dog offered to a new home "free of charge" as you do not know where it would end up !!!! - so we certainly condone a "donation" being offered to the owner if such a situation arose.

We always advise setting a realistic price (to weed out the undesirables) and allow it to be flexible dependent on the actual Home being offered.

I have already e-mailed this lady - as part of The Cockapoo Club of GB looks to find both Foster Homes (short or long-term) and Forever Homes - and we have an ever increasing database of people putting themselves forward to offer each and/or both. This list grows on a daily basis (and is always open).
So far we have offered support to those in a difficult situation and assisted with rehoming 2 young puppies without any undue stress to puppy, owner or new home - We remain totally non-judgmental in any situation.
We do currently have a young female offered for a Forever Home - however we do have several offers of a new home with-whom the original owner has open dialogue.

If anyone does come across such an advert - then please advise them of our details - and if anyone on here is able to offer whatever home they can - then the CCGB would love to hear from you.

I would like to point out - we do not pair a Cockapoo with the first person to respond - nor do we offer it to the first person on our list - we actually look to place any dog offered for rehoming with the best home possible given the situation surrounding that specific need.

Stephen X

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
It is great that both clubs are able to offer these owners assistance in this way isn't it? :D So many people looking out for Cockapoos!

I am sure all breeders policies are different, I was just stating my theory as to why more people don't return to the breeder. I wonder also if they are reluctant as they feel awkward going back and therefore it is easier to rehome in this way? It is certainly something to be looked at by breeders. On one hand you don't want people to think of the puppies as 'easy to return' but on the other hand is it not worse to see puppies you have bred being sold on free ads? I am not sure what the answer is but I would hope that good breeders would encourage the kind of relationship with their owners where they would feel able to go back to the breeder. I guess there are too many though that once the puppy is sold have no further interest. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking to rehome

Hi everyone

I am a new member to the site and have owned my cockerpoo Archie for just over a year now. I also have a very old Westie, and should anything happen to him, Archie will be devastated. As a result, I am looking to rehome a cockerpoo if anyone hears of one needing a new home - probably needs to be 6 - 18 months old if possible but would consider older.

If anyone has any ideas or hears anything, would appreciate an e-mail.

Thanks to you all.
Ruth

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Hi everyone

I am a new member to the site and have owned my cockerpoo Archie for just over a year now. I also have a very old Westie, and should anything happen to him, Archie will be devastated. As a result, I am looking to rehome a cockerpoo if anyone hears of one needing a new home - probably needs to be 6 - 18 months old if possible but would consider older.

If anyone has any ideas or hears anything, would appreciate an e-mail.

Thanks to you all.
Ruth
Hi Ruth, you may like to register your interest with Cockapoo Club of GB, link is in my signature :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.