I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
remember I had a thread to let you know Cider was reacting to his panacur wormer. And I thought it might have been because I accidently gave him the adult dose?
Well this time around I started this morning with the correct amount. Cider is again, totally restless, no, absolutely no sleep during the day at all. He tries to sleep but cannot get rest. He follows me like the first days, when we had him. He seems okay on walk and when we play, but he barks in the house for no reason I can see. I rang up the vet and they said, they usually have to deal with the roundworm being killed, but from what I discribe, she agreed and wants to start him on a different wormer in two weeks ( so I dont continue the two other dosis, he supposed to get tomorrow and the next day ). Cider had lots of loose or even runny poos and he absolutely honks!!! I am dealing with the smell right now, ahh!!! I am in for a long night. If he barks, I will go down and sleep in living room with him:baby2:

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
At least you don't have to give Cider any more...bless. Guess Cider just didn't react well to it :hug:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ! Luckily we had a good night :)
No sleep during the day must have helped. Nice poo, this morning too. Yes, Drontal or Milbemax, the vet said. Have a great day everyone

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That's good news Sabine. :) ..... about the good night that is!

Thanks for posting about Cider. All of these reports can really help others whose dogs react in a similar way. Well done for getting back to the vets straight away. Always trust your instincts. :)

Karen x

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use Milbemax wormer - its in a chew that Daisy just eats, but Poppy has to be 'encouraged' to take. Seems to work well with mine, and no side effects. Hope you find one that works well for Cider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts