I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Looks great. I took Louie for his first cut last Monday. Like you say lovely to see their eyes. He looks so much more comfortable now. I think I鈥檒l brave shorter next time. How old is rocket? Louie is 17 weeks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Rocket is 16 1/2 weeks. So very nearly the same age. He's not lost any teeth yet but I'm sure it will be soon as he's chewing like mad.

Registered
Louie hasn鈥檛 lost any teeth either. He love a good chew though so shouldn鈥檛 be long then hopefully the mouthing will ease off. He鈥檚 not a great eater, tends to graze all day.

Registered
With hindsight we鈥檇 encourage the chewing on tough stuff馃槈. We ended up with a hefty vets bill as Digby鈥檚 puppy canine teeth didn鈥檛 come out on their own and he needed to have them surgically removed馃槵 we then had to stop him chewing anything, including toys, for 2 weeks- not easy at all 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
We have a Yakers chew which he loves and chews for ages. I give him half a pigs ear once a week. Alot of chews aren't suitable for puppy teeth which I find frustrating. He isn't interested in the nylabone we bought.

Registered
Louie loves the nylabone. Over the weekend he has lost his two of his front bottom teeth. Hopefully they will all come through without the trouble Dig had. I鈥檝e just got him a sarano ham bone to chew on. Hope rocket starts to loose his teeth soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
How did he get on with the bone? We are going camping soon. A bone would be a great way of helping him chill out around the tent.

Registered
He absolutely loves the bone. He鈥檚 chewed it clean but still loves it and has a good chew of it. Will definitely get him one regularly.
A definite yes I鈥檇 say. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts