I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

we have a 7 month old, Rodney. He is normally a gannet for anything, however today he is turning his nose up at everything, I've tried all the usual favorites, his food is in his bowl to graze but nothing.

How long do you leave it before a vet apt, it is a hot day so could just be off it for that reason.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Dogs are often off their food on a hot day, if he is otherwise well, drinking well, weeing, pooing and playing I would just keep an eye on things.

Lethargic with other signs then I would try to pop him to the vets for a check

·
Registered
202 Posts
So I had that a few times when Monty was teething.
The vet said, if lethargic, bring in immediately, otherwise wait 24 hours and see, if he eats then. Drinking is the important part. hope that helps

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I had that a few times when Monty was teething.
The vet said, if lethargic, bring in immediately, otherwise wait 24 hours and see, if he eats then. Drinking is the important part. hope that helps
Thank you, he is tired today but its been a busy weekend so its generally expected on a Monday, he hasn't had much water to be honest. Looks like it'll be a little visit tomorrow and no doggy day care at this rate :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
* UPDATE* So we have realized, Rodney the scoundrel refused to eat because he wanted the kittens food instead..... so in a nutshell, he was having a tantrum. He is a doggy day care today so all is good.

Thank you for your comments all the same, we clearly have a naughty dog on our hands!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts