I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When we let Rocky run around in the field he keeps finding spots to roll in. They smell like evil itself on him and he needs a bath afterwards. Even that doesn't shift it sometimes and he needs a second bath the next day. From googling it I think it must be fox poo, or possibly badger poo (we have plenty of both here). I don't want to stop him running free but I can't cope with a simple run out being this much time and effort even after we get home. Any ideas? :):eek:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Sorry Jayne, I just can't imagine pouring tomato sauce over Izzy - fox poo or no :laugh:
Bathed her last night in yummy Tropiclean, could have eaten her afterwards :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dexie loves to roll in fox poo too and, yes we agree, it absolutely stinks. Never easy to stop it happening but we work really hard on her "recall" commands to try and call her back before she starts to roll. You can tell when she "gets the scent" as her nose goes half an inch off the floor and she zig zags like mad. .... prevention better than cure!!

If we CAN'T stop it happening then we use Tropiclean as well, works a treat.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never heard of Tropiclean...just looked it up on eBay, its quite expensive :eek:
which one's best? x

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've just been using Bob Martins but with Johnsons Baby shampoo for the face. He still doesn't like the hair dryer much, at least not his underside, the rest he is ok with. he is becomming tolerant of the clippers/ scissors etc. Doesn't like his nails clipped...but that could be me as I get nervous doing that.:eek:

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
my lot role in fox poo but it doesnt realy smell to bad on them i just give them a quick rince.

the tomato ketchup is ment to work wonders, but on white dogs can tint the coat a little.

dogs are dogs and will role, my only sujestion is a long line and the leave commant, tell him to leave and pull him away trying to teach him when you say leave he is not to role.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts