I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor little girl went in this morning - my husband took her as I had to go to work for a team building event (!) this morning. The vet's have phoned and said she is doing well and I am to pick her up in 20 mins. I'm a bit nervous about how she is going to be, but looking forward to getting her home.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Oh bless her! Sending you hugs, I'm sure she's fine xxx

Reactions: weez74

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Oh please keep us posted as to how Rosie is getting on. Lolly is booked to go in on 25th July when she will be 5.5 months old (Vet suggested she gets done early because of holiday dates etc)
Maybe you could post some pictures so I know what to expect. I hope she's ok and recovers quickly. xxx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
she ill be fine, she ill probably be a little unsettled tonight, dont overly panic she will be back to normaly in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the moment, she is lying asleep at my feet, out of the way of the children who don't really understand that she needs a bit of peace and quiet. She just seemed a bit quiet. We've been given a collar, but it is only if we think she can't be trusted. So far, she has been grooming around her bits, but not actually at the dressing or the wound. The vet said that was normal as she has been shaved and her skin will have cleaning stuff on it, which obviously smells funny. Also, she peed herself when they were putting her in her cage, so she might be grooming that.

When I first saw her, her face and ears were soaking wet - they explained that she had fallen asleep in her water bowl! Typical Rosie!

I will try to take a picture tomorrow - I don't want to disturb her tonight, poor thing. It's all covered with a dressing, so I'll take another one when the dressing comes off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Poor little Rosie, hope she is feeling a bit better in the morning and has a settled night.

Maisy is booked in for next Friday - I'm dreading it already.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Poor Rosie, she'll probably feel a bit sorry for herself for a couple of days but I'm sure she'll soon be back to her bouncy self.

Hugs from Maisie x

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
poor Rosie! Am sure she will be fine in no time but don't worry if it takes her a few days to come round as Betty wasn't herself for 5 days and then suddenly seemed to snap back to normal. i have a couple of pictures of Betty's wound a few days apart which show clearly how well it healed and how good he internal stitches were.

i just felt guilty that i'd inflicted this on her even though i knew it was for the best!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Poor Rosie... hope she's ok soon. I feel a return to the vest/onsie coming on :rolleyes:
Yes! I followed that thread avidly in the knowledge that Rosie's op was a few months away so I should be prepared. But, I was just thinking today that she has grown so much that her body size is probably bigger than Max's is currently, and they don't make all in one vests that big!

She doesn't seem to bothered by it at the moment, so fingers crossed we might not need the collar on at all! Famous last words?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ooh tell me about the onsie/vest. I must have missed that thread.
It was quite a long thread inspired by Lady(LadyAmanda)'s trip to be spayed. If I remember rightly, Amanda was looking for something other than a collar for Lady, and it was suggested that a baby's all in one vest would prevent Lady getting to the stitches. So then we had a very big discussion about what onesies were (US/Canadian word for vests) and what size onesie Amanda should buy for Lady.

And then her vet said she shouldn't put it on her because it could interfere with the wound!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know how you feel my jo jo was done yesterday and our vet keeps them in over night so it was a long wait. fetched her home today and she seems to get some pain at times and just wants to sleep she has got some pain killers to take so we hope she is a bit better tomorrow. lets hope they are both back on their feet soon.

cheers val/jojo

Attachments

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Oh bless her, I hope that she is better soon, it is a rought my time and sad.., lol I see you remember my onesie posts well! lmao!!! yes the onesie was a great idea....the vet however didn't agree so we mainly stuck with the awful cone! there are soft cones out there...one called the comfy cone looked good but it was too long to order it for Lady.
Hope she is back to herself....and doesn't fall asleep in anymore water bowls! lol

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, so far Rosie hasn't been too bad. There was a bit of whistly whining (if you know what I mean) when I had to leave her in her crate while I put the kids to bed (I really couldn't chance her jumping up on stuff like she normally does if I don't put her in her crate when I leave her), but apart from that, she has been quiet but still fairly normal. She even got some bone action in, as you can see.

But, one thing I've noticed is that her back legs seem really weak and they almost collapse under her when she goes to sit down. I keep thinking about when I had my kids (c-sections) and so I'm not worrying too much because I couldn't stand up very well the same day, but I thought I'd post it to see if anyone thinks I should be worried.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
I think she will likely be fine....give her a few days...u can always aske the vet via phone. but she is probably just soar.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts