I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I live in Edenfield, north of Bury, in the Rossendale valley. Not far from Ramsbottom, Burnley, Nelson & Colne. Does anyone fancy meeting up for a cockapoo walk?

Take care

Kirsty & Cara xx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello Kirsty

Hurrah! Another local cockapoo! I live in Baxenden. In fact I used to live just down the road from you, on Horncliffe Close near the Whitchaff pub in Rawtenstall. I taught for many years at Balladen Primary School in the town.

I would love for Reuben to be able to meet up with a cockapoo pal. He can't go out yet as he's just 8 weeks old and needs his second jab, but should be fine mid October onwards I think.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ann

Sounds like a good plan. Off to puppy school tonight. Found a great place in Bury called Waggawuffins.

K xx

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Hey! Although I'm in Manchester that's still not too far from you guys :)

Vincent is the same age as Reuben and I am sure he would love to meet him and Cara! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's right Rufini. We are half an hour tops down the M66 and into centre of Manchester. Don't know if you know M66 but Kirsty and I are very close to it. We pass the huge Heaton Park on way in. I used to take my son there when he was little. The squirrels there come right up to you to take monkey nuts ( just realised that may sound a bit weird! I mean peanuts in their shells) from your hand. Sorry about that useless bit of information . . . . . . .just reminiscing . . . . . . . . . Are you north/south/east/west Manchester?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I'm east Manchester - in Gorton. Hate it really as it's pretty much city centre living :( But it's the cheapest area for the size of house we're in!
I want to move up to Mossley :D

half an hour really isn't far! I am sure Vincent would love to come and meet you guys once he is old enough :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Reuben too - probably mid- October onwards. Lots of moors and big fluffy white dogs round here!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Yes I agree :)

I don't know when the Northern cockapoo meeting up is going to be.... I think it's been decided to be in Cheshire on the 29/30 Oct

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Not that I dare commit after not making it to Nottingham but Heaton Park takes me about 35mins and probably not much more to Burnley x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not that I dare commit after not making it to Nottingham but Heaton Park takes me about 35mins and probably not much more to Burnley x
Heaton Park sounds good. If at some stage you want to come this way Karen, I think you would probably come M62, M66 in which case we are nearer than Burnley. Baxenden is near Accrington and Kirsty just a bit nearer - Edenfield is next to Rawtenstall.

p.s We have some friends in Southowram. Their land abuts the big metal beacon basket on the hill above the town. :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Everyone

Heaton Park it is. How about Sunday 16th or 23rd October at 11.30am at the cafe next to the boating lake.

Let me know what your preference is?

Take care

Kirsty & Cara xx

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I'll check because Vincent gets his 12 week vaccs on the 17th, then I'm away with work until the 21 :eek: so it might be a little bit tight!!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I have nt got my rota that far yet but should have it within the next week, but if I can make it I will. Will post when I get it x
I've got friends at Southowram too :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Heaton Park, Manchester - Sunday 13th Nov

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to check out who can join us now. Meet at the cafe next to the boating lake at 11.30am. Best car park is off Sheepfoot Lane xx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts