I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruby has been to the groomers today... she has been to the same lady for the last 3 or 4 grooms has has always come back looking lovely. Today however she has cut her way shorter than ever before and it was a real shock when I picked her up. I like the shaggy look all over, with just a trim and a tidy up.

I thought the groomer knew the style I liked and nodded in all the right places when I was describing what I wanted. I know it will grow back and is probably not a bad thing to have a good clip every once in a while but it is just a shock... she looks totally different. Still cute but not the style I like. Here is a pic before andf after!

before:

after:

Maybe I am being dramatic but I know what I like... still I left the groomers saying 'thanks, she looks lovely'..... I'm so two faced! :D

J

· Registered
3,773 Posts
She does look lovely! :) Very pretty, but I understand how you would have felt if that is not the cut you wanted. :hug: I would be the same....say thank you and smile but not mean it! :rolleyes:'.

I love her pink collar. :)

· Registered
269 Posts
She looks gorgeous!
But it did make me laugh- I'm a hairdresser and whenever you cut someone's hair you can tell the difference between a 'Its lovely, Thanks' and a 'It's lovely, Thanks!!!'
The only way you REALLY know is when they come back!!!
Xx

· Registered
139 Posts
She still looks gorgeous.... but still, if it's not what you wanted no wonder you feel gutted. My youngest son has beautiful golden ringlets, and wears his hair chin length. I took him to a barbers & he was scalped! I was mortified! I plan to groom pup myself... don't dare do my son's but Pareto pup won't get mocked at school lol

Kx

· Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,183 Posts
I think she looks lovely. Did the groomer say why she didn't follow your instructions? This is the reason why I've decided to home groom although I think I do need some professional lessons!

· Registered
1,862 Posts
She looks gorgeous and doesn't look scalped. I always find it a shock when Betty comes back from the groomers as her coat looks so straight but after a few days she starts looking back to normal. Their coats grow so quickly and Betty needs grooming ever 2 months so a shorter cut every so often gives you some breathing space between grooms.

x

· Banned
1,983 Posts
I think she looks lovely. Did the groomer say why she didn't follow your instructions? This is the reason why I've decided to home groom although I think I do need some professional lessons!
You said it first Clare, I wonder why the groomer cut her shorter this time? It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks of Ruby's look, it's important that you like how she looks. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the groom :(

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Ruby does look lovely ... how could she not? The groomer left her head/face looking longish but the body/legs is shorter. I know what you mean ... it's such a shock when you collect a dog who looks totally different to what you expected. She does look very velvety though, and of course it will grow quickly.

· Registered
1,318 Posts
oh how I wish I hadn't seen this. Lolly goes for her first groom first thing tomorrow morning. I don't want much taken off the length of her coat just a tidy up, especially her eyebrows so that she can see!!! Do I need to ask for a puppy cut and be specific about not taking too much off? anything else I should know to ask for?

· Registered
1,655 Posts
oh how I wish I hadn't seen this. Lolly goes for her first groom first thing tomorrow morning. I don't want much taken off the length of her coat just a tidy up, especially her eyebrows so that she can see!!! Do I need to ask for a puppy cut and be specific about not taking too much off? anything else I should know to ask for?
You could take a picture with you (maybe of a dog from here)?

· Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,183 Posts
It will be fine Janet I'm sure. You know the groomer via Julie and if you are specific about what you want then I'm sure it will be ok. Can you use Millie as an example of what you want or is that not what you're after?

· Registered
127 Posts
aaah she looks so cute and fluffy. i havent been brave enough to take Maisie the groomers yet so i gave her an all over trim with the scissors at the weekend. she looks quite good, rather pleased with myself. also have some clippers but need to bath her before i use them! any tips for trying to cut round her eyes??

· Registered
282 Posts
Aww I would be gutted too and not looking forward to when Blossom needs a clip (gulp)....but of course Ruby still looks yummy even with shorter hair just not the usual shaggy look. She will be back to the style you want soon and in time for xmas and all those festive family snaps.xxx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.