I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our little baby was spayed yesterday. We collected her from the vet at 5.15 and she spent the evening lying in her bed, hardly moving! It was heartbreaking - I just wanted my bouncy, baby girl back!

This morning she seemed a little uncomfortable but has gradually got better and better throughout the day! Unfortunately she keeps trying to lick the wound so we had to put her in the 'cone of shame', but that made her even more unhappy, so we have now resorted to a modified t-shirt which seems to be doing the trick!

Can't wait for her to be back to normal!
x

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ruby will bounce back quickly. Rosie was the same earlier in the week but 5 days on she is back to normal, it's so hard to see them so down. She will be keeping her vest on as she starts to lick her wound as soon as you take it off.
Another day of cuddles should see Ruby well on her way to recovery.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ruby will bounce back quickly. Rosie was the same earlier in the week but 5 days on she is back to normal, it's so hard to see them so down. She will be keeping her vest on as she starts to lick her wound as soon as you take it off.
Another day of cuddles should see Ruby well on her way to recovery.
Thanks, Col. It's great to hear what everyone else is going through!

Ruby has woken up much brighter today! In fact, we are now struggling to keep her from jumping on the furniture and running up and down stairs! It's going to be fun for the next few days trying to keep her calm! Still, it's great to see her with bright eys and a waggy tail.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi Helen & Ian,
Hope Ruby's feeling a little bit better. Did she have the normal type of spay, as in, not the keyhole type? I'll be really interested to hear how her recovery goes as it'll be Kippers turn in January and I really don't think we can stretch to the keyhole option.
I hope Pepper's giving Ruby a rest from playtime so that she can recover quickly!
We'll have to try for a Sunday afternoon drink in the Oaty when she's feeling better.
Pip X

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Kirsty.

We just popped it over her head, judged where her legs were, took it off and cut two slits into it to pop her legs through. Have to remember to get her legs out when she needs to go outside though.

Ian

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Helen & Ian,
Hope Ruby's feeling a little bit better. Did she have the normal type of spay, as in, not the keyhole type? I'll be really interested to hear how her recovery goes as it'll be Kippers turn in January and I really don't think we can stretch to the keyhole option.
I hope Pepper's giving Ruby a rest from playtime so that she can recover quickly!
We'll have to try for a Sunday afternoon drink in the Oaty when she's feeling better.
Pip X
Hi Pip

Ruby is doing OK! She had a normal spay at The Ark - they were excellent, as usual. She went for a check up yesterday and they were really happy with her. She was pretty bouncy yesterday and it was proving to be quite difficult to keep her calm, but today she has been much more subdued - meybe she overdid it yesterday.

It would be great to meet up with you again - always up for a drink at the Oaty! Maybe we could do a walk as well, even if it's just for a run arount in Calthorpe Park!

Have you decided whether to get Kipper done before or after her first season? They don't dictate at The Ark as there are pros and cons for both. We waited with Ruby but are considering getting Pepper done before her first season!

See you soon
H
x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.