I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are all having an amazing time on holiday in The Lake District. We've done several walks so far and as yesterday was THE day forecast for sunshine, we went out on Lake Windermere in boats. Gareth and I took Rufus (complete with dog floatation jacket!) into a canoe and Edan and Darcy went in individual sit on kayaks.

Here's a video of Rufus enjoying his time out on the lake. Unfortunately the camera was away when Rufus decided to make a bid for freedom and tested his floatation jacket to the full! He had found his sea legs by the time our 2 hours were up!

Today is pouring with rain .....and I mean pouring! Our spirits are not dampened however! For those of you who do not know, our youngest child, Tristan, is profoundly disabled and needs care and help around the clock. He is now 11 years old and this is the first holiday that we have managed to get him into respite care for the week to enable Gareth and I to do something active with Edan and Darcy. There is no way on earth we could have done this holiday with our gorgeous Tristan. He needs so much hoisting and special bathrooms etc. We are so grateful for this holiday ....whatever the weather. :)

Right, time to get togged up to face the rain head on!!

Karen xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Ah, that looks fun Karen :) So glad you are enjoying your well deserved holiday, despite the rain. We were there last month, had good weather for the first time in 5 years!
Looks like you'll have a doddle with Basil being crate trained when you collect him :D
Enjoy the rest of your week :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts